Notices

CRX Si-R

Old 06-21-2004, 04:49 PM
NiNE5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRX Si-R

i was wondering whats good about the Si-R...any Pros and Cons...yes i know it goes faster but is there anything else i should know before i go out and pick one up.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:13 PM
v8guy
Professor

Besides the fact that they weren't made for the US market and any one you find here had to be specially imported? I don't think you will be able to just run out and "pick one up".
Old 06-21-2004, 05:47 PM
A_PHOBIA

thats not entirely true,we live in the bay area,anything is possible over here.
if you mean just the b16 motor that came in the sir.yes run and go get it.its all that and a little more.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:10 PM
v8guy
Professor

Well, from his post it sounded like he (or she) was planning to buy a factory european or japan spec SiR, not a B16 conversion. Sure they are available, but not something you can "run out and pick up" like a dozen eggs or something, even in the bay area. Patience, research, and the proper amount of cash will get you what you want. Or you could always get lucky.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:27 PM
ED9man
driver

what are the differences between USDM Si's and SiR's?
Old 06-23-2004, 07:01 PM
A_PHOBIA

the sir,was right hand drive,came with a b16 170 horsepower stock motor."what i got in my hb"a rear mid spoiler, rear end running lights in the bumper.different seats,just little stuff,not to mention the whole different front end.its only sligtly diff though, oh and there were signal lights in the fenders.thats about all i can think of.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:54 PM
S2Kev

Originally Posted by A_PHOBIA
the sir,was right hand drive,came with a b16 170 horsepower stock motor."what i got in my hb"a rear mid spoiler, rear end running lights in the bumper.different seats,just little stuff,not to mention the whole different front end.its only sligtly diff though, oh and there were signal lights in the fenders.thats about all i can think of.
They're called sidemarkers. They never came with the mid spoiler, although mugen does make it. The ef9 spoiler has a long led brake light. The euro ef9 has rear fog lights in the bumper. The seats are pretty similar except the rear seats had headrests. It also came with folding side mirrors, power windows, power door locks. 88-89 had bronze tinted windows, includingn the hatch window.

The crx sir had pretty similar things like the ef9 except it has a glass top and a rear bench seat.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:43 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

everyone got just most of the stuff, so i will repeat somewhat.

RHD (of course)
B16 Engine
Bigger Front brakes
Slightly different front end - dip in the hood goes UP not DOWN like US Si, Wider headlights, wrap around bumper lights, different rad support with different OEM intake piping, clear corners, sidemarkers. The entire front cross member is different from USDM.
Tail end: Different Taillights (CR-X VTEC logo on center garnish), 3 legged wing (NO LED; 2 leg LED wing was on an EF7, model down from SiR), bronze tinted glass.
All glass roof
Power Folding Side mirrors

Interior
Power windows - with different door panels (I dont think the JDM CRXs had Power locks though, have never seen it in my pics)
Auto AirCon
Leather Seats- JDM look very close to USDM, but the outer part is leather, with cloth middle. EDM vti (SiR) has ALL leather seats with CR-X VTEC logo stitched on in red
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Different Gauge cluster
Rear Seat
Maplight
Sunvisors-Black, not the light gray like US
Gathers Premium Sound system (optional)- Double DIN radio with CD player and special rear speaker covers with HONDA PREMIUM SOUND badge

Last thing is they had a DOHC VTEC logo on the doors to promote what was under the hood.

i think i got about everything I know all this cause i have half of these parts on my CRX now
Old 06-24-2004, 02:48 PM
ED9man
driver

So that's why people have to modify their front crossmember.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by A_PHOBIA
technically the first gen b16a had 160hp