Notices

Next mod on your crx....

Old 06-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Calilude
I'm Shy :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v8guy
Thanks, that autolock looks like a wise investment. I have been thinking about what I could do to secure the rex now that I have gotten it fixed up halfway decent.

Ever contemplate doing the clutch yourself? It isn't that hard, just rather time consuming. I replaced my clutch and axles myself one night, but it was a LONG night. I did most of the work, a friend helped a little. 2 people makes life a lot easier when it comes to removing and reinstalling the transmission.

Plus if you do it yourself you can do an extra nice job. I removed my clutch shaft, cleaned everything, greased everything, and reinstalled it with a new throwout bearing. Of course I replaced the pilot bearing and rear main seal while I was in there. No point in not doing so and having to do all that work again later if the seal or bearing goes.
I'm going to have my friend help me with my clutch, I've never installed one before. I think the autolock is a good investment it looks like one anyways. Next paycheck I'll be getting one. Get one off of ebay they're a lot cheaper then local stores and that website. Hey v8guy got any pics of your rex yet?
Old 06-26-2004, 12:33 PM
v8guy
Professor

Yawn, I've been meaning to take some so I just went outside and snapped a few.

$260 1991 CRX Si 158k miles (good side )

Bad side

Gotta fix this dent, not too bad

My spiffy interior

Good running original D16A6 & a nice new radiator installed just before I bought it
Old 06-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Calilude
I'm Shy :(

Originally Posted by v8guy
Yawn, I've been meaning to take some so I just went outside and snapped a few.

Bad side
[/B]

Damn dude, I have that exact same dent but on the opposite side LOL. It shouldn't be to hard to fix though mine is a little smaller. But damn you found a good ass deal, I'll tell you that much. Hey wanna sell me your front bumper? I'm looking for a front bumper with a lip. I might have one in line but i"m not sure yet. If you can that would be great. I'd trade you and give you some cash for my stock bumper if you're interested. I really just want the lip because body wise I'm keeping mine stock. If you wanna just sell the lip that'd be cool too. Pm me if you do. Car looks great. :goodjob:
Old 06-26-2004, 02:03 PM
v8guy
Professor

I kind of like it the way it is but if I should come across another clean Si bumper I'll let you know. Glad you like my ride. That dent is the worst part but for what I paid I can't really complain. Hope you get yours fixed up and registered soon.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:21 PM
ecsahs3

just bought some tein hr's and can't wait for them to come in. they arrive 6/30.

i have a wing west front bumper on order because someone jacked mine last year. they also took the bumper support/beam that goes behind it and i'm having a hard time finding a replacement one. anyone have one or know where i can find one?
Old 06-28-2004, 01:54 PM
lime91crx

i have a 91 hf crx with a 88 si motor. i have a dc sport header hollowed cat with indivia cat-back exhaust. i have coilovers and its dropped 3.5 inches. i have 17" white seven spoke wheels, projector head lights and altezza taillights and corner lights. i have cold air in-take with a welsco fuel pump . a differant head and im running a 50 shot of nos. and im running a clutchmasters stage 4 clutch.

my next plans for my crx are:
body kit is already on the way-blitz nose, invader sides, buddy club rear
engine bay is already painted but the rest will be lime green when the kit comes
i would like to go with b18 but will pry go with b16 because of price differance
then carbon fiber hood and just build engine up after that