Notices

Next mod on your crx....

Old 06-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Calilude
I'm Shy :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schwanginpt
next mods are the stupid things, little things.

Mugen Oil Cap
Spoon Rad Cap
Mugen Pedals
New Floor Mats
Spoon Shift Knob
Speakers
JDM tails
J's racing repica front lip for JDM Front End

then that should be it
Hey every little mod helps.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:04 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

very true. it all will make the car complete.

right now, I'm just trying to get her "street-able" which reminds me, i forgot to mention Intake, Exhaust, Plugs/Wires, and check the brakes.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Bogatyr

Default my crx...

Well, I'm in the middle of taking another Land Rover apart to get parts for the next one I'm going to restore, so the CRX has been on the back burner for a while. I did change the brake lines out over the winter and I'm afraid that the next project is going to be a head gasket...I have to do an oil analysis to verify that there's coolant in the oil though...

Once that's taken care of and she's on the road again, I'd hope to replace the shocks/struts and prolly the bushings as well while I have things apart. I'm thinking of going with the Tokico Illuminas, but my CRX is almost all stock so I'm toying with the idea of putting Honda parts in there just to keep it all original.

Bogatyr
Old 06-23-2004, 09:45 AM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

headers= V6 or higher

you have a
header= 4 banger or smaller
notice that yours is singular not plural hfawk:
Old 06-23-2004, 05:42 PM
v8guy
Professor

Originally Posted by KAUAI KANE
headers= V6 or higher

you have a
header= 4 banger or smaller
notice that yours is singular not plural hfawk:
Not necessarily. Inline 4s have a header (singular), but you can have headers (plural) on a horizontally opposed 4 cylinder. I know they used to (and maybe still do) make headers for air-cooled VW engines, but I went with a JSC 4-1-2 on my vdub back in the day.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Calilude

ok anyways back to talking about crx's. I just got a new clutch for my crx si and it will be put in next week.

Next mod I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have a lot in mind on what I want to do. I think autolock is on the list next.

:woowoo:
Old 06-25-2004, 06:19 AM
v8guy
Professor

Originally Posted by Calilude
ok anyways back to talking about crx's. I just got a new clutch for my crx si and it will be put in next week.

Next mod I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have a lot in mind on what I want to do. I think autolock is on the list next.

:woowoo:
Cool, you are finally getting that clutch taken care of. The first thing I did to my Si was replace the clutch and axles. That happened before I even cleaned it Cleaning it proved to be quite a job! I still have to clean the windows better but things are really looking up. I just pitched the old carpet, it was SOOOO disgusting. My junkyard run yielded me a nice black carpet from an automatic '91 DX and a shifter and glove box from an '88 HF. So now I have a blue glove box door in a black dash, but it actually doesn't look that bad I'm still looking for the stupid bracket for the ashtray. For some reason mine is missing I think it got lost about the time the glove box got broken, which was most likely when the PO did one of the worst jobs I have ever seen installing a stereo. Speaking of which, I ripped the whole mess out and installed a factory cassette player along with 2 new Pioneer TS-A630P speakers in the back as there were NO rear speakers. Of course, now the front speakers sound terrible by comparison so I have to replace them as well

Mod wise, I'm thinking about a turbo but that will be way down the road. I can build a junkyard setup for very little coin, but then I will need a high-flow cat, 2.5" mid-pipe, and an engine managment system w 440cc injectors to do it right.

Cali, BTW, whats autolock???
Old 06-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Redlinerz

well so far i got a 89 crx si with... AEM feul rail, filter, and fuel pressure regulator, MSD wires, cap, ignition and blaster coil, ACT Drag Race Clutch, Carbon Fiber OEM hood, fiberglass OEM fenders, Tockiko shocks with generic coilovers... and I am putting in a b16a2 with a type r head and b16a1 intake manifold.... pretty much is a header and a cold air then just little chit here and there....
Old 06-26-2004, 12:39 AM
Calilude

Originally Posted by v8guy
Cool, you are finally getting that clutch taken care of. The first thing I did to my Si was replace the clutch and axles. That happened before I even cleaned it Cleaning it proved to be quite a job! I still have to clean the windows better but things are really looking up. I just pitched the old carpet, it was SOOOO disgusting. My junkyard run yielded me a nice black carpet from an automatic '91 DX and a shifter and glove box from an '88 HF. So now I have a blue glove box door in a black dash, but it actually doesn't look that bad I'm still looking for the stupid bracket for the ashtray. For some reason mine is missing I think it got lost about the time the glove box got broken, which was most likely when the PO did one of the worst jobs I have ever seen installing a stereo. Speaking of which, I ripped the whole mess out and installed a factory cassette player along with 2 new Pioneer TS-A630P speakers in the back as there were NO rear speakers. Of course, now the front speakers sound terrible by comparison so I have to replace them as well

Mod wise, I'm thinking about a turbo but that will be way down the road. I can build a junkyard setup for very little coin, but then I will need a high-flow cat, 2.5" mid-pipe, and an engine managment system w 440cc injectors to do it right.

Cali, BTW, whats autolock???
Yeah I actually bought a 90 crx si oem clutch from some guy on this website. I can't wait to have it installed. The car will runs a hell of a lot better. By the end of the summer I should have it painted and probably could bring it home, currently it's at my friends house because the paint is kinda shitty. So before the end of the summer I'm going to primer it and repaint it jet black. I think I may just leave it stock. However I'm looking for a 89 crx si front bumper with the lip on it. Mine doesn't have one, it looks tacky. BTW bro this what autolock pro is check out the website:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rodi/autolockpro.html

Yeah my speakers are crap to man so I have to replace them all. I mean for stock they're ok but they sound like shit. Nothing Memphis can't fix, that's what I'm going for speaker wise. For wheels, I haven't made up my mind yet. I think I'm going to be going for the clean sleeper look. Overall product wise the car is coming along good. I haven't put any miles on it since I've gotten it. I still have to register it but I haven't the time or the money to do so right now. It'll have to wait about 3 weeks before that happens.

Damn Redlinerz sounds like you have a mean crx. got any pics?
Old 06-26-2004, 06:55 AM
v8guy
Professor

Thanks, that autolock looks like a wise investment. I have been thinking about what I could do to secure the rex now that I have gotten it fixed up halfway decent.

Ever contemplate doing the clutch yourself? It isn't that hard, just rather time consuming. I replaced my clutch and axles myself one night, but it was a LONG night. I did most of the work, a friend helped a little. 2 people makes life a lot easier when it comes to removing and reinstalling the transmission.

Plus if you do it yourself you can do an extra nice job. I removed my clutch shaft, cleaned everything, greased everything, and reinstalled it with a new throwout bearing. Of course I replaced the pilot bearing and rear main seal while I was in there. No point in not doing so and having to do all that work again later if the seal or bearing goes.

Quick Reply: Next mod on your crx....