Notices

CRX exhaust

Old 06-16-2004, 07:01 AM
CRXkev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRX exhaust

Hi guys, I'm looking for an exhaust for my crx. Can you recommend any good websites that sell quality exhausts at good prices? thanks for your help!!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:12 AM
B20powered
You can't see me

what kind of sound are you looking to get?? Loud, louder, quiet, quieter?
Old 06-16-2004, 08:18 AM
CRXkev

I'd prefer quiet, but my main focus is cost and availability. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:54 PM
cwhiteboy

if you want a quite exhaust I would recommend an Rs*r exmag. I'm obsessed with these things. They are really quite except for a slight exhaust tone, similar to what the exhaust on a new eclipse gives off. And at wide open throttle at a high rpm they make a sweet exhaust tone. I've never heard a better exhaust, nothing ricey or high pitched.

On the downside they are a little pricey though. Modacar.com sells them for about 500 bucks.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:35 PM
v8guy
Professor

You can get a dynomax exhaust from Summit for $159.95. It is pretty quiet and replaces the muffler from the axle back. 2 1/4" inlet and dual 2" tailpipes with stainless tips. I have one and I really like it. Only problem is that they welded the stainless exhaust tips on slighly clocked so instead of sitting level I have two ovals on like 5 degree angles to each other. I'm sure if I sent it back Summit/Dynomax would send me a replacement but I needed to pass inspection so on it went. I also have a dynomax cat-back on my 5.0 and it hasn't rusted at all after 2 years of grad school in Binghamton, NY, where they salt the roads beyond belief. Both exhausts sound good and are very quiet.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:10 AM
A_PHOBIA

**** dynomax, no offense but if you want a solid exhaust get a greddy.good quite tone nothing extreme,i have a greddy sytem for a crx on my hatch and its great.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:13 AM
CRXkev

Which websites are good as far as price and availability?
Old 06-17-2004, 11:49 AM
A_PHOBIA

www.greddy.com
or just go to yahoo and look up greddy exhaust systems for a crx...
Old 06-17-2004, 01:41 PM
v8guy
Professor

Originally Posted by A_PHOBIA
**** dynomax, no offense but if you want a solid exhaust get a greddy.good quite tone nothing extreme,i have a greddy sytem for a crx on my hatch and its great.
No offense taken but why do you feel that way? Dynomax makes a quality product that sounds and performs great plus lasts a long time. The greddy exhaust is bling-bling but it costs over $500. According to what I've read, Mugen found that replacing the B-pipe does little or nothing performancewise on a basically stock engine and most power gains came from replacing the restrictive stock muffler. If that is the case I doubt that the greddy or any other exhaust would make any more power than the Dynomax. If you want bling-bling stainless then by all means get the greddy. If you want cheap performance get the dynomax. If I had tons of cash to blow I prolly would have gotten the greddy myself or that other one with the dual tips (HKS?), but I don't and I wasn't spending $500+ on an exhaust for a $260 car.

Summit has the dynomax kit in stock ready to ship. The part number is WLK-17452. This link might take you to it. See if this works.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:37 PM
A_PHOBIA

my friend had just the dynomax muffler, and the seem cracked all the way around the weld and ran about 2'1/2 inches down to the core."maybee it was just a lemon" i dunno, but hey what ever is cheaper, one other reason i tend to shun cheap exhaust systems is because the can of bee's sound...

Quick Reply: CRX exhaust