Notices

say hello to my new little friend! :) (DUW)

Old 06-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Bmpn
Audiophile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rydnby 4
wow, another "Mainah"...didnt know there were any others on this board

looks like the bangor area too...darlings?
well ok maybe my car isnt a damned Si?
I really dont know and that was my guess, as I just dont have the in depth knowledge about these damned things.
I got it for an audio toy and that WILL be what it is all about

no actually that is my work, Associated Grocers, in Gardiner.
If you are @ the Bass Park Dynamic Performance car show this weekend rydnby then maybe we will see each other. Im not sure if the car will be mine friday or saturday. Friday would be primo cuz then I could have it set up for a run on the mics @ the show.

Im in Waterville btw
nice to meet'cha
Old 06-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kai
Are you sure that's an Si? Is it fuel injected? It doesn't look like an 86-87 style Si to me. First, those things (D15A3's) are pretty mod happy. With ITB's those things get quick fast, same with other engine work. Secondly, you can turbo that car for way less then you could get a B in. Plus about another $1500-$2000 for the mount parts to get it in to the older body.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the mounting parts for the older body style. I guess what I was trying to say was if you put the basic mods like exhaust, CAI, header and so fourth on a B16, you'll get more out of it than your D15. If you plan to go all out, the best thing to do would be a swap, because you can squeeze way more power out of a better engine. Don't get me wrong though, you can sqeeze alot out of the D15 esp if you turbo it... I guess if you look at the big picture when it comes to all the parts you'll need to make a B series fit, it would be better to turbo it moneywise.