Notices

Pics of my Project CRX

Old 06-04-2004, 05:09 PM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my hood is OEM, but its OEM Japan the MINIMUM to do an EF8 front end conversion is bumper (with bumper lights), headlights and hood. the hood is different in 2 ways. 1) the hood has larger openings to accomodate the larger headlights (they aren't any taller, just WIDER). 2) the hood was designed to handle the B16 that came in the SiR's in Japan, so you know now your USDM hood dips down in the center? take that whole area and reverse it, so it comes UP instead of down. that gave them enough clearance for the DOHC. but anyway, im getting away from the topic.

The bumper and JDM headlights are direct bolt ons to the car. the only thing with the bumper cover is you need to take off the 5mph bumper support off your car. the JDM bumper cover bolts right to the car. (unlike USDM, which bolts to the bumper support and that bolts to the car). the hood is also a bolt on as well, EXCEPT for the latch. and don't let people tell you you need a JDM radiator support, cause you DO NOT. JDM rad supports and USDM rad supports are identical except that the JDM support has a cutout for the stock intake piping. the problem is the entire front crossmember is different from USDM to JDM. i wrote a how to on how to fix this issue here: http://faq.ef-honda.com/index.php?si...1&id=1&lang=en

so thats what you will need to get that bumper to fit right. the other parts that you can get to make it "authentic" are: JDM corners, fenders with sidemarkers, and the rad support. I used the rad support, cause i got one with my front end and i opted to keep my USDM corners to be different, and in doing so i didn;t use the fenders with sidemarkers.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-04-2004, 05:38 PM
ED9man
driver

and the guages?
Old 06-04-2004, 05:43 PM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

Originally Posted by ED9man
and the guages?
i thought i answered that already. I'm not finished with it yet, so i dont know any tips or tricks about this yet. if you are just looking for links to hook it up, here is what i found: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=581283

that thread as links inside of it with wiring diagrams as well as revisions and comments.

here is a pic (from someone else) of the installed
notice the gap issues, thats what i'm trying to figure out, how to rework that. but my cluster is not working yet. i will let you know when i am done with it.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:47 AM
jdm498

just want to say thanks to the reply!thats a big help....

good luck with the acura cluster , hope ya get it to fit! looks nice though,I might try some what of the same if it works well.thx
Old 06-05-2004, 07:05 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

hey, no problem. glad i can help out. good luck!
Old 06-05-2004, 05:00 PM
ED9man
driver

oh shit
sorry I didn't see it before.
thanks for the info :thumbup:
Old 06-06-2004, 05:58 AM
HappySnatch
OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car looks great, any further plans?
Old 06-06-2004, 06:10 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

Other than the list of stuff i already posted?? not really just little stuff.

Mugen Pedals
Spoon Shift Knob
New Parking Brake Handle
JDM outer tail light pieces
Maybe new pin striping

and I have a set of JDM SiR (the Leather/cloth) seats, that i want to get redone and put in one day.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:25 AM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

:goodjob:
Old 06-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow man, it looks like it's gonna be a real gem. She's got such a clean body. I'm inspired even more now to get started on my own little project. Keep us posted on your progress boss!

Quick Reply: Pics of my Project CRX