Notices

Problems starting???Please help!!

Old 05-30-2004, 10:01 AM
89EFhb
1slowASShonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems starting???Please help!!

I have a 89 with a B16A and its having some problems. What its doing is sometimes it will start, run for maybe 2 seconds and then die. Then sometimes it will just crank but no fire. It happend to me today and it would not start all day long. So i checked and have spark and compression is fine and so on. So i get home at about 9:00 p.m. and go out there to tinker some more and it started right up and runs fine. This happens about once maybe twice a week.

Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? I was told it could be my fuel pump taking a crap... Please help me out, so i can have a reliable little car agian.

Andru
Old 05-31-2004, 04:06 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The same exact thing was happening to me for the longest time. I have a 90 CRX Si with the stock motor and I couldn't figure it out. Well, I eventually gave up and brought it to the mech. He told me it was an electrical problem. Try taking it to a mech and just have him diagnose it. He'll usually let you know what's wrong and won't charge you for it. Having him fix it is a different story...
Old 05-31-2004, 05:16 AM
89EFhb
1slowASShonda

did u ever get it fixed? how much?
Old 05-31-2004, 07:14 AM
Pete
Civilian

yeah I had them do it, I think it was like $60. I never found out what it was specifically, all they said was that it was an electrical problem. It was probably something really simple. I had taken it to another mech before them and he told me he couldn't figure it out because it was starting just fine. He cleaned all my valves and stuff for me and gave that a shot but it still kept shutting off on me. Are you having that problem were u can start it but it can't keep an idle and just shuts off? It stays on for as long as you give it gas, but the check engine light stays on and as soon as you stop giving it gas then it shuts off on you?
Old 05-31-2004, 08:55 PM
89EFhb
1slowASShonda

Originally Posted by CRX_stg3
yeah I had them do it, I think it was like $60. I never found out what it was specifically, all they said was that it was an electrical problem. It was probably something really simple. I had taken it to another mech before them and he told me he couldn't figure it out because it was starting just fine. He cleaned all my valves and stuff for me and gave that a shot but it still kept shutting off on me. Are you having that problem were u can start it but it can't keep an idle and just shuts off? It stays on for as long as you give it gas, but the check engine light stays on and as soon as you stop giving it gas then it shuts off on you?
No. Whats its doing is starting, and then dieing. It doesn't even give me enough time to give it gas. And if it don't do that then it just won't start, or will start up fine and sputter if i try to give it gas, but it doesn't die out. Im going to do a check tomorrow to see if its the fuel pump or injectors. If that don't turn out right then ill have the electrical wiring checked out.

Andru
Old 06-02-2004, 07:16 AM
Pete
Civilian

Let me know how it goes. I might just learn something.