Notices

89 Crx

Old 05-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Reason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend totalled his 2000 LS Integra, should I buy his engine and tranny? It has about 43,000 miles on it. How much should I offer him? I would want the engine and tranny. I would need the ECU from the teg too? Drive shafts and all that crap.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:46 AM
Redlinerz

Ultimx.. uhmmm ever heard of engine swaps??? :doh: jus cuz a car has a Si doesn't mean it's a Si... someone could of put another engine in the car... the easiest and best way to know is to check the vin... it will tell you what the car is... and THEN you can check the engine so see if it got the original engine in it... Now reason.. if your friend totalled his teg just offer to buy the whole teg off of him... that would be the best thing to do... but if you dont want the whole car or dont have the space... i cant really tell ou what parts you needwithout knowing what trim your car is... if you have a 5 spd then you wont have to worry about the hubs or knuckles but if you got a 4 spd then you should prolly get em... also being that it is a 2000 it is prolly an OBD2 which is a whole lot of other crap with it too... you will have to decide if you want to make the engine obd0 or make your car obd2... also the tranny is prolly hydrolic (sorry cant spell :dunno: ) so that is more bullsh*t you gotta do there... but once again it all depends on your plans for the car and what you want to do... also what trim your car is...
Old 05-28-2004, 07:55 AM
UltimX

Originally Posted by Redlinerz
Ultimx.. uhmmm ever heard of engine swaps??? :doh: jus cuz a car has a Si doesn't mean it's a Si... someone could of put another engine in the car... the easiest and best way to know is to check the vin... it will tell you what the car is... and THEN you can check the engine so see if it got the original engine in it...
I never said it was an SI, even if it did have a a6 swap in it, they would need to swap the whole dpfi system to mpfi so you wouldn't need to worry about that. There are other ways to tell if it is an si or not, so come on, lets be real here. I know the vin will tell you what the exact model is but there are faster ways around it. I'm sure a smart person wouldn't swap a dpfi system into a mpfi system. it might go the other way in which this case it wouldn't matter cause he is interested in swapping engines. As i said before, there are easier ways to figuring out which model is which without asking a bunch of questions to find out about the vin number to figure out which is model is which.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Reason

This link is for my friends Integra http://members.cardomain.com/n8diggy The car WAS mint. Does anyone have any idea what I should offer him for the whole car?
Old 05-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Redlinerz

ok now lets think... " I'm sure a smart person wouldn't swap a dpfi system into a mpfi system" yea cuz smart people like their cars slow right... i think you might of ment to put that the other way around and you keep saying there are a bunch of other ways to check... but NEVER name any of them.. yea you are half right... you can check the interior, exterior, engine etc.. because the different trims have different features... but that can be all swapped and changed around... like i said the best way is the vin...
Old 05-28-2004, 09:51 PM
UltimX

No i ment you or anyone smart wouldn't swap in a DPFI and not keep the MPFI. I can prove i named some (at least 3). Read the thread again. Interior is also a way, but i didn't mention that because i didn't feel like it. I over arguing to you over the internet, I know what i ment so thats all that matters.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Redlinerz

ok you might of meant that but its not what you put... anyway if you read my post i named 3 ways but once AGAIN they can be all switched... you can put si interior in a dx... you can put a si engine in a dx...l you can put si bumpers or the rear wiper on a dx... like i have been saying the ONLY sure way it to check the vin to find out the body type...anyway... reason what kind of engine and tranny does the car have???
Old 05-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Reason

I will find out this Saturday 5/29 I belive. If I can I will take pics too.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Reason

The VIN starts with JHEMD835XK.........
Old 05-29-2004, 09:36 PM
UltimX

What kinda engine do you have?

Quick Reply: 89 Crx