Notices

dp-mp fuel injection

Old 05-02-2004, 03:04 PM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dp-mp fuel injection

im swapping my rex from an auto to standard, my friend has an si tranny and a hf wiring harness, i was wondering if the si ecu would work right if it was going to a duel point injection instead of a multiport. if it need to be changed then ill just swap the injection while im at it.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:51 PM
AwwsChwA

am MPI ECU will not work with a DPI engine. It won't even work incorrectly, it simply won't work.

The DPI to MPI swap is pretty easy. It's actually easier to start with your DPI harness. You only need to splice a couple of wires. The ECU will plug right in. Save up some dough and get the parts for the MPI swap, you'll be very happy with the results. Especially if you put an Si manual tranny in with it.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Redlinerz

Hey! After reading this I got curious because I never actually thought about it with the ecu so I tried it and NO it doesn't work.... The car runs Yes but it sounds terriable (like a dirt bike or something and idle's like crazy) I would suggest just doing the whole DPFI to MPFI swap...it really isn't that hard all you need is a Si dizzy, Si manifold, And Si ECU and some injector clips and a resistor box. As for the auto to manual...Have fun...It is a b*tch to get the pedals out!! But it isn't that hard just a lot of work... you need to run a wire for your reverse lights, switch the driver side suspension to one of a Si (or the axel won't fit) you really should get a new radaitor but it doesn't really matter that much,manual pedal set and I think that is about it. Oh yeah and shift linkage. If you need andy help just let me know...Good Luck!!
Old 05-03-2004, 09:36 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

i have all the parts for the tranny swap in my friends parts car, and the pedals are still in it and yes they are a bitch, thats why i dont have them yet. i think im just gonna rip the dash out and get them the easy way
Old 05-03-2004, 08:47 PM
AwwsChwA

You dont have to take the dash all the way out. That's a real pain in the ass. To get to the pedals, take the steering wheel off, remove the driver seat and pull the dashboard about a foot away from the firewall. That way all the wires n junk can stay connected, and you ahve working room. Will save you lots of work and potential dashboard electrical gremlins.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:45 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

sounds like a better way to me