Notices

crx a bLaZiN

Old 05-01-2004, 08:52 PM
A_PHOBIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crx a bLaZiN

my friend has a problem with his second gen crx.
it pores out pure black smoke and is spitting liquid out of his exhaust.
he had a set of bosh dual spark plugs in for about 2 months and in my opinion ive never seen a set of plugz that tore up, looked like they had been burnt with a torch.he sed it started doing it after he installed his a/c . what else would cause pure black smoke to pour out the exhaust?
Old 05-02-2004, 01:01 AM
AwwsChwA

thick black smoke sounds like running extremely rich. First of all, why is he using Bosch plugs? Hondas are made to run on NGKs. Second, why is he using dual-tip? Those things are crap. Ask any respectable auto technician. Multiple tips does absolutely nothing to improve performance. The spark doesn't give a damn where it jumps.

Anyway, back to your question. My first guess would be to check the installation thoroughly. If it happened after the A/C was installed, trace your steps very carefully. Go over every bolt, every little part you put in. Could be that something was changed.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Redlinerz

I had a customer come to me with a similar thing... the car keep backfiring and smoke was everywhere and it will spit black liquid everytime he cjanged gears..problem was..the guy put too much oil in.. It was actually kinda funny...he said he drove to his friends house 4 blocks away and picked him up and was about to go on a hour drive when his friend reminded him to check his oil so he did and seen it was extrememly low so he put 3 qts of oil in. After that he started driving and 10 mins later he was smokin and leaking. Problem was he checked his oil when the car was still hot so when I drained it it looked like he had at least8 qts of oil in there...anyway change your spark plugs, wires, filters, basically a full tune up and see if you still got problems then start thinking deeper but it is always good to just replace all the basic stuff first. Good luck!