Notices

My newest addition

Old 04-25-2004, 06:03 PM
OldSchoolSI
Old schoolin' 87 CRX SI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My newest addition

Here it is......I will take better pictures when its washed and I get some of my new goodies (EDM steering wheel, EDM blacked headlights, bronze 16's and other stuff) Can anyone help me find a header and short shifter? I found some shocks/springs I am thinking about getting along with the previous mentioned stuff but I can't find the header or short shifter. My friend has a shorty in his 1st gen SI and the shift is inbelievably short, its great! Also what is the idle normally for these cars? Mine is running about 1200-1500rpm at idle, seemed alittle high to me. And the temp gauge only goes up about a 1/4 of the way even after a 45 minute highway drive. The car runs excellent, no clutch slippage, brakes are on but there is a little vibration at 65mph...im guessing an alignment would help that. Any ideas or suggestions?

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...ption=imag0020
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...ption=imag0021
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...ption=imag0024
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...ption=imag0023
Old 04-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

It looks OK, I'm just used to how my '87's engine bay used to look. I cleaned it out pretty well.

DC Sport makes a good header, and a good shortshifter for the 84-87. Don't forget to get polyurethane shifter bushings, I used the Prothane bushings in mine.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:34 AM
OldSchoolSI
Old schoolin' 87 CRX SI

Where can I order the parts though? I found a DC sport header that sold for $165 on ebay but I wasn't sure if I was getting the car or not and now there aren't anymore Also how hard would it be to modify a 88-91 crx intake to fit a 87? Anyone ever done it>? I will be cleaning the car inside and out as soon as it isnt raining go figure that I get the car and its supposed to be bad weather for the next few days.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this your first honda? If not, first rex?
Old 04-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by OldSchoolSI
Also how hard would it be to modify a 88-91 crx intake to fit a 87?
Assuming you mean a D16A6 (Si) intake manifold, it can probably be done. The bolt pattern is the same, but if the '87's intake ports are the round shape I think they are, there is no point.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:38 AM
A_PHOBIA

damn the bay looks really cramped for space.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:39 AM
OldSchoolSI
Old schoolin' 87 CRX SI

No I have actually owned a few honda/acuras

89 integra rs
89 crx dx
89 civic lx sedan
93 civic ex coupe

and now my 87 crx si, by asking about the intake I meant just the pipe that you can buy off of ebay. I figured its about the same and would fit in the bay with a little modding. If not I will go have an exhaust shop bend an alluminumn tube for me. Also noone has mentioned anything about where I could get ahold of the header and short shifter. I really want to start doing this stuff in the next couple weeks. It's getting repainted bright red with the mugen kit by the end of next month. I have the $$ just need to find the parts! I just went and bought new bosch platinum plugs, bosch plug wires, and a fram oil filter so I can do a tune up on the car. Hopefully it will be fully roadworthy in about 3-4 weeks
Old 04-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

whoa, fram filters are a bad idea. Any filter that is made from cardboard is a big no-no in my book.

Sorry, I was out in space there for a while. I actually considered doing a D16A6 or Z6 manifold swap onto mine, I was thinking about that. The intake tube could probably fit with some cutting and a battery relocation, just the short versions though.

I think options auto salon (http://www.optauto.com) sells both the DC header and short shifter.

Where in the hell did you find a Mugen kit?!
Old 04-26-2004, 03:11 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

DOnt use the Bosch plugs or wires, I would get the NGK wires and plugs. If i remember right the Plugs are cheaper and the wires are about the same price. Oh yeah for the oil fliter go with either OEM or a Mobil one. HIH keep us updated
Old 04-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Some of the newer Honda filters are Fram, so beware.

Quick Reply: My newest addition