Notices

Motors...

Old 04-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Redlinerz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motors...

Hey everyone.. I just noticed one of the Sponser's for HAN who advertise on this site has pretty decent prices on engines. http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/ Has anyone ordered any motors from them. I am just tryna check there creditabilty I am thinking of getting my motors from there instead of Hmotorsonline.com...What do you guys think
Old 04-02-2004, 09:56 PM
A_PHOBIA

i have not,but i imagine if there a sponsor for this board that they must have some kinda credibility.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:51 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they have had poor service and poor quality engines in the past, but they are now under new management. personally, i dont trust them, even though they are a han sponsor. i've read the horror stories.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:53 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

actually, osaka has recently been brought up in the basement: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ighlight=osaka

i'd stick with hmotors, personally
Old 04-03-2004, 05:42 AM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

hmotors sucks also... every engine place is a toss up.. its up to you.

2 of my friends got ****ed up engines at Hmotorsonline... thats the only 2 that i know of that got engines from them.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Redlinerz

I have ordered 2 engines from hmotors and haven't had a problem with them??
Old 04-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Civic2Scooby

havent had a problem with H motors at all...I would trust them over osaka
Old 04-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Chris N

Osaka has scammed MANY people.

Please don't buy from them. There are many accounts of peoples' bad experiences with them on H-T, probably on HAN, and other sites.

Stay away.

Password JDM does a decent job. My roommate got a front clip (minus the body panels) from them with little hassle. The key to dealing with these people is remembering to stay on top of them, as they all seem to be a bit flakey/scatterbrained and forget to follow through on the dates they set for 'delivery'.

Osaka is just about as bad as buying an engine on ebay.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Redlinerz

Has anyone else have delt with Password JDM?? I was considering ordering a front end clip for the 88-91 hatch wit the b16a in it from www.flashoptions.com but they looked to good to be tru and when I called them to talk to someone the phone number was disconnected!!! So I am looking for a complete B16a swap...I don't need the mounts being that I got custom fabricated mounts already I just want a b16a engine, tranny, ecu, harness, shift linkage. I have delt with Hmotors before for customers and have had good experiences but I need this engine for myself (being my old one is totaled) So I am looking to pay a good (cheap) price but I also want a place I can trust. If I can get cheap and good quality it would be great but most likely it won't happen... So I am basically looking for a place wit a outstanding rep. and good quality engines and maybe a good warrenty. Thanks
Old 04-06-2004, 01:59 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Redlinerz
Has anyone else have delt with Password JDM?? I was considering ordering a front end clip for the 88-91 hatch wit the b16a in it from www.flashoptions.com but they looked to good to be tru and when I called them to talk to someone the phone number was disconnected!!! So I am looking for a complete B16a swap...I don't need the mounts being that I got custom fabricated mounts already I just want a b16a engine, tranny, ecu, harness, shift linkage. I have delt with Hmotors before for customers and have had good experiences but I need this engine for myself (being my old one is totaled) So I am looking to pay a good (cheap) price but I also want a place I can trust. If I can get cheap and good quality it would be great but most likely it won't happen... So I am basically looking for a place wit a outstanding rep. and good quality engines and maybe a good warrenty. Thanks
Hmotors is the way to go mang.

Quick Reply: Motors...