could i put a h22 into a crx
what would i have to do to make it fit and run fine
i want to know what all i would be facing if is was to do the swap
please give all informatio possible
Old 03-22-2004, 06:27 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you would need to cut the hell out of your engine bay and do a lot of custom modification.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:19 PM
AwwsChwA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As said above, it's difficult. It's also potentially dangerous if you're building a street car. The H-series swap adds somewhere around 200 pounds to the nose of the car, which means severe understeer and severely overheated brakes unless you do a full suspension and brake (big brake kit) overhaul.

It would be cheaper and better for handling if you were to do a B-series swap instead, and build that engine up to equal the power of an H22. The B-series engines actually fit in the 88-91 civic engine bay, they don't require cutting, welding or relocation of engine mounts like the H engines do.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Not too much has to be cut, but it's still a pain. If you must have an H22A, look into a 5G Civic. There are actually H22A mount kits for that car.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:45 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

if u look into the newer civics the engine bay is alot bigger, my brothers 94 has way more room than my rex
Old 03-26-2004, 07:25 PM
trbo

Originally Posted by AwwsChwA
As said above, it's difficult. It's also potentially dangerous if you're building a street car. The H-series swap adds somewhere around 200 pounds to the nose of the car, which means severe understeer and severely overheated brakes unless you do a full suspension and brake (big brake kit) overhaul.

It would be cheaper and better for handling if you were to do a B-series swap instead, and build that engine up to equal the power of an H22. The B-series engines actually fit in the 88-91 civic engine bay, they don't require cutting, welding or relocation of engine mounts like the H engines do.

If i may add the aftermarket support for the B-series is much bigger than for the H-series..
Old 03-29-2004, 07:47 PM
JDM CRX 510

Yes it can and from what I heard it's worth every penny and hard work you put into it. Just make sure you have a lot of money.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:06 AM
itechengineers
PC's_N_CaR_EnGiNEeRiNGMaN

axles... dont forget about the axles. you may have to customer your own due to the splines that slip into the rex's rotor assembly and also the length. im sure a lude is longer than a rex.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Redlinerz

YES it is possible...anything is possible..I've seen a rear wheel drive rex wit an american motor in it. Anything is possible all yu need is money, skill, and connections. As for the H22A I seen it done...the engine bay looked a mess and was tighter then a virgin but it was a fast lil bitch. My advice don't bother it isn't worth it...All that weight in the front..the rex wasn'tr built to handle that...no matter what an axel or something will ALWAYS break!! But if you want to it can be done!
Old 04-05-2004, 01:16 AM
itechengineers
PC's_N_CaR_EnGiNEeRiNGMaN

yea man, redlinerz got a point.... a lot of people may say you can get the rex to fly off or a super charged or boosted b series...

Quick Reply: could i put a h22 into a crx