Notices

Gauge Problems

Old 02-26-2004, 06:48 AM
HondataTuner
Baracades hurt at 160mph.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Problems

Okay, here's the deal. My friend was telling me how he wired up this Tach, by just wiring the wires to the back of his gauges. He has a CRX with a tach all ready in the cluster. Well, when I was doing this I messed with the screws in the back. The +/-/T later finding out the T stood for Thermostat. Now my thermostat doesn't register. This sucks. Heh. Anyhow, I need some help getting it to work again. Another thing, if I ripped the cluster out of a 90 CRX (Same year as my Hatchback) would it fit in? Would the stock tach work?
Old 02-26-2004, 11:50 AM
A_PHOBIA

even though you dont have a tach in your car im almost certine that there is a tach wire for you to hook it up 2,my monster tach came with my car and they have it wired through the back of the gauge cluster.on my 94 civic i just hooked it up through my distributer cap"blue wire" and was pretty much done.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:12 PM
brokeazzcrx

Originally Posted by HondataTuner
Okay, here's the deal. My friend was telling me how he wired up this Tach, by just wiring the wires to the back of his gauges. He has a CRX with a tach all ready in the cluster. Well, when I was doing this I messed with the screws in the back. The +/-/T later finding out the T stood for Thermostat. Now my thermostat doesn't register. This sucks. Heh. Anyhow, I need some help getting it to work again. Another thing, if I ripped the cluster out of a 90 CRX (Same year as my Hatchback) would it fit in? Would the stock tach work?
i have the indiglo gauages and i am kidda having the same problems.. i didnt do the work..i bought it that way..but the gas and water temp gauses dont work.. i see the 2 harness but nothing going to the gas and temp. all the fuses are good.. i dunno..me and wiring dont get along very well. and i didnt even do the work lol well if u figure it out let me know and i will do the same if u havnt already