Notices

Surging?

Old 01-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Jigga JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surging?

On my 90 civic i have an issue to settle. When i start the car it runs good. When the temp of the engine increases then it doesnt idle right. I can see the rpm surgin. Also If i hold down the accelerator the ingine doesnt idle properly. The Rpms never stay steady.

Im thinkin either a vacuum leak or improperly gapped plugs.
wut do u think?

Also the check engine light came on.but i noticed when the check engine light was on.it didnt have that^^surging problem... I Didnt think to check my led on my ecu till afterwards..but the light hasnt came bak on as yet...
Old 01-17-2004, 03:42 PM
crxrocks

Check for a Vac. leak or try cleaning your EACV.

Chris
Old 01-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Magik

Check your pcv valve and hose...$30 fix...worked for me.

Jason
Old 01-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Jigga JJ

im gonna try checking the pcv.that didnt eve occur to me.i tried checking for a vac leak but i guess it wasnt thorough enough. But its always hard on honda becaause they carry so many vacuum lines
Old 01-19-2004, 05:08 AM
Magik

Let me/us know how you made out...you're in Toronto so try Canadian Tire...my pcv valve was $3.99...
(make sure they give you the right one...if you have DPFI it is going to look like a 2.5" piece of pipe that is threaded on one end, if you have MPFI then it will look like a little "L" shaped plastic piece. They go by the engine and the year so if you have swapped in MFPI, go with the year/size [90/1.6] of the engine that the intake came from... )
...Honda wanted $26. The hose if you have to replace that, because it is a 'molded/shaped' hose...you have to get that at Honda...but that will be (should) be under $20. Take out your pcv valve and shake it...if it doesn't "rattle" it should be replaced anyway.

Let us know...good luck.

Jason
Old 01-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Jigga JJ

i cant seem to locate my pcv valve........can anyone show me with a pic where it is?.90 civic dx 1.5......is it jus a hose alone?.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Magik

THe hose with the red arrow pointing to it is your pcv valve hose...the other end is attached to your pcv valve.

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
pcvhose.jpg (72.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 01-27-2004, 09:19 AM
Jigga JJ

ohh.is it the same on my car. That pic u showed me looks like it came outta a car with MPFI .and mine is a little bit different.its the DPFI 1.5L...The pcv hose isnt in the same spot is it?
Old 01-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Magik

Originally Posted by Jigga JJ
ohh.is it the same on my car. That pic u showed me looks like it came outta a car with MPFI .and mine is a little bit different.its the DPFI 1.5L...The pcv hose isnt in the same spot is it?
Sort of...let me try and see if I can find you one from my DPFI days...try this one and see iff that works...(providing I uploaded it right)

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: gif
pcv valve.gif (41.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 01-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Jigga JJ

ohhh so its on da intake?/..lemme go check it ouit jus now.hopefully it is the pcv thats causin all this.....or im also thinkin just a faulty sensor.or also ecu.cause when that check engine light came on.it was running well...maybe an o2 sensor..,.,im not sure as yet.so many possibilllities