Notices

weird vibration from the front end

Old 01-12-2004, 11:26 PM
menappi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird vibration from the front end

heres my problem. when i gas it, more than usual, i get a vibration from the front end, sounds like its coming from the wheels. usually only when the rpms get high, but when i accelerate slowly to the same rpms, it doesnt so it, only when i smash on it. also, when i take turns at high speeds to the left, i get a knocking coming from the left side =\. i checked everything, nothign is loose, axels looks good, in all the way, no torn boots. im baffled. iknow i need an alignment, but i know that it wouldnt give me those symptoms. my wheel is a little turned to the left also, and its easier to turn to the left, than the right. the steering is more tight to the right. could a bad wheel bearing cause that?? i know the left side one needs to be replaced, it has a little play in it, but i dont see how that would cause these. any ideas?
Old 01-13-2004, 04:23 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Maybe you have really worn bushings.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:00 AM
girlsrace2

Maybe CV Joints? Im not sure but that could be the cause of the knocking.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Magik

Does it sound/feel like your tire is "rubbing" on something...if so it is likely a wheel bearing. (Just changed two in the last month)

"Clicking" (like cards in the spokes of a bike wheel) is more of a CV joint thing and you will hear that at "any" speed.

If it's actually a "knocking" sound (like on a door)...I could guess...but that wouldn't help you much.

Jason
Old 01-13-2004, 11:26 AM
menappi

wth is a bushing, and where are they at? its not a clicking normally associated with a cvjoint. yes i raised the vehicle up and found some play in the left wheel, but would that cause a vibration when i get on the gas? i also noticed when im driving it doesnt seem to move alogn very smoothly, unless im accelerating. that might have something to do with spark or whatnot, but its sorta like maybe the wheel isnt rolling right. wheel bearing? what was a sympton of your bad bearing MAGIK? besides maybe a noise, i dont get a noise.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Magik

When you say there is play?...grab the wheel on the top and on the bottom...and shake back and forth...side to side...odds are if you are getting any amount of play in the wheel it is a wheel bearing...

Also check your ball joints to make sure that they are all functioning properly as well.

Jason
Old 01-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Bogatyr

menappi,
Since you get the symptom when hitting the gas, I wonder how your motor mounts are.

Additionally, if you know a wheel bearing has play, replace it ASAP.

Bogatyr