Notices

CRX vs. Si differences?

Old 01-13-2004, 06:44 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tjbizzo
That's odd, my Si engine is a D15A3. j/k On the 1g 84-87 CRXs, the Si usually came with a sunroof,
There is no "usually", Si's were the only way to get a sunroof, and it was not a deletable option.
a better geared transmission,
Only the '85 had a shorter final drive, '85-87 DX and '86-87 Si trannies have identical gearing.
and most importantly, a shiny badge that says "Si".
Badges? We don't need no schtinking badges!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:38 PM
turboCRX

and also the 89's didnt have rear disks, 90 si's were the first year and some 90's still didnt have rear disks. secondly the duel tipped factory exhaust, third the sunroof, 4th rear sway bar, 5th 14" alloys, 6th the mutli-port fuel injection system on the d16a6 as opposed to the duel point d15b1 and 2's, 7th tach on the instrument cluster, 8th the charcole recardo interior, 9th the si badges and make sure its 5 speed, si's always came 5 speed.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

plus youll know if you have an hf because youll hate the damn blue interior and the nothingness that fills the hatach area. the Si came with a rear compartment that is very nice looking and is all in black (the jdm and maybe edm came with rear bench which is very hot and im still trying to get my hands on) i have always loved the si interiror so much i had to stuff my hf with it only thing is i never knew it was recaro designed (the seats) now that i know i love them even more...

oh yeah wasnt the si the only one that came with a windshield wiper or did the dx come with that as well.... and yes i know some hfs came with rear comparments, i saw one the other day but it was still blue interior and UGLY (no offense to anyone who likes that blue interior (am i spelling interior right it just doesnt look right?))
Old 02-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

*rear windshield wiper*
Old 02-06-2004, 02:41 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

Originally Posted by jaje
a stock crx si can run low 15's with a good driver and in good running condition...not bad for 108hp...with just a b16a1 swap it'll run mid 14s with good tuning and good driver...i do know that in the mid 90s when ford switched to the 4.6 liter and the heavier chassis, the crx si could actually hang with it...even beat it in a 1/4 mile!

welcome to our little hole...you'll just see some hard core enthusiasts...mostly og (old guys) who fell in love with these little cars
jaje, what are you talking about??? low 15's stock for a crx si????? IMPOSSIBLE!!!! more like low 16's.. i hope thats what you ment
Old 02-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Redlinerz

Yes there is a code in the VIN that tells you the model. E-mail me it and I will send you the list that tells you what each vin # means
Old 02-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

hi i know this thread is old and probably one or two of you will get all pissy about me even asking a question on this subject but im a bit confused. now i know what the differences are between the three models of the crx but there is one thing that many people say and contradict themselves about the sway bars some people say they are in the front (stock) and some people say its rear (stock) i want to know where it is stock on an si and if i can put it on my hf. thanks.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Speed Phreak
Turbomafia

Originally Posted by Pharmacist
hi i know this thread is old and probably one or two of you will get all pissy about me even asking a question on this subject but im a bit confused. now i know what the differences are between the three models of the crx but there is one thing that many people say and contradict themselves about the sway bars some people say they are in the front (stock) and some people say its rear (stock) i want to know where it is stock on an si and if i can put it on my hf. thanks.

The HF and DX have front sway bars only, the HF's is smaller than the DX. The Si has both front AND rear sway bars.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:22 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by ZiviCase10287
jaje, what are you talking about??? low 15's stock for a crx si????? IMPOSSIBLE!!!! more like low 16's.. i hope thats what you ment
oops...i meant the jdm crx si with the b16a1 (most common swap)...yes the stock crx could only run low 16s but with a little work it could get into the high 15s