Notices

PDA controller

Old 12-31-2003, 12:04 AM
menappi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PDA controller

has anyone ever heard or used a PDA to manage their fuel n sh.it, like one of those vtec controllers? i would think it could be possible to plug it into your ecu somehow and tune...any ideas???
Old 12-31-2003, 11:39 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

yeah my buddy with a dsm uses a "pocket logger". it shows basically everything about your car. i dont know if the application is possible on a Honda, but would think so bc it just uses the obd port, runs to pda, then uses soem software that is the companies very own. its crazxy too, cant pirate thier program b/c they build every copy for you when they send it. like you order it, they mail you a cable....then email you the software with you name and license number programmed into the code. pretty nutty but it makes sure no one pirates. but yeah ill give him a shout and see if he can shoot me the site. or you can always search google for pocket logger.

i dunno bout doin fuel tuning with it though....im pretty sure it just gives diagnostics. im sure you need some type of afc, a piggy back system, or aftermarket ecu to manage air/fuel ratios....
Old 12-31-2003, 12:36 PM
menappi

yeah talk to him and see what its called and where. i dotn see how it would be any different than the sorta thing you have on your sig (not sure what its called)
Old 01-02-2004, 10:14 AM
crxb16er

s-afc and v-afc's control fuel/air ratios vtec engagement for the v-afc's as well as many other nifty features, they do require tuning but can make it easier to see whats going on exactly. some turbo timers have alot of the same functions which is what i have, and then there are completely adjustable ecu's that u can get from zdyne which cost a pretty penny but are completely adjustable and tuneable from a laptop inside the car. or u can get a zdyne silver ecu which comes preset from the factory with whatever fuel maps, redline, etc you want.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:23 PM
menappi

well wouldnt a pda be able to perform teh same things as those other things??? anyoen ever heard of such a thing?
Old 01-05-2004, 10:00 AM
crxb16er

nope not that ive heard of, but who knows, might be out there