Notices

gotta love the o2 sensor questions..

Old 12-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you absolutely sure your car needs two O2's? That's the craziest setup I've ever seen for two standard O2's.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:09 PM
crxb16er

yah ive never seen that either, my b16 only has 1 o2 sensor on the downpipe just b4 the straight pipe with the cat behind it.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:35 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

well if i unhook one i throw either a 1 or 2 code...so its definately lookin for them. as for adding a section of pipe...i have a resonator. its like my ghetto cat. so from what you said, basically bung it after the resonator? use the o.g. bung on the header, then get another welded after my resonator? only thing about that is there will be a LOOOOONG wire running under there...if that doesnt effect it then cool.

but yeah isnt that an insane setup? :dunno: everyone ive talked to about it has said the same thing :wtf:. its a kamikaze header on a b16a1 from an Integra XSi....header sucks ass...and thats why im changin it. i know someone will be like, "yeah they are for supercharged applications", so i beat you to it. i didnt find that out til after i bought it...i was considering superchargin for a while but have changed my mind since. any suggestions on wtf i should do? is my idea/posted idea up top about the only to go? im dieing to get this thing on, but need to hit the exhaust shop if welding is needed...
Old 12-31-2003, 09:44 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

I'm pretty sure B16As did require 2 O2 sensors. Some people cut and slice into the one O2 and try and make it work like that but that is not a good idea as when you tap into an O2 you are taking voltage from it and than telling your computer and incorrect reading.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:56 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

The first thing that has to be established is what OBD is this engine and ECU? If it is in fact an OBD-0 B16 then the 2 O2 sensors originally came in the primarys of the factory manifold, not the down pipe, or before and after the cat. Before and after the cat is for OBD2 cars. Your best bet is to convert it to 1 O2 sensor. If I am not mistaken HASport's website has a section that tells you how to do it right.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:16 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

i dunno the obd, how do i tell? according to that down there its a odb-none. its a pw0 ecu. i cannot find anything on hasports site. im gonna do a google search, but if you happen to have a link on the hasport site post it up. i am still confused as to what to do. should i just weld another bung right next to the other, should i put one after the cat, i found this http://coreyonline.tripod.com/o2mod.html , then i have foudn this

"As for O2 placement, no U.S. B16A header has proper O2 placement. 85-91 fuel injected Hondas (OBD-none) use an unheated single wire O2 sensor that should be mounted within 10-12 inches of the exhaust port. The O2 sensors need to be heated by the exhaust gases to give an accurate reading. The stock 89-91 (OBD-none) B16A ECU uses two single wire O2 sensors, one in the collector of cylinders 2 and 3 and one in the collector of cylinders 1 and 4. I also believe the Primary O2 gets greater weight in the determination of the overall fuel mixture of the engine. This would explain why the common practice of switching the O2 sensors when a B16 experiences partial throttle roughness works. Switching should actually cause a problem if both O2s are working properly.",

or should i do like what i found another header with:

Old 01-03-2004, 06:30 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

A PW0 should be an OBD0 B16A. I will check and see if I can find the stuff to jump it to 1 O2 sensor. That header pic isn't right either. If I remember correctly, from the factory the exhaust manifold had an O2 sensor in the 3rd and 4th cylinder primary.

I looked on Hasport's website and found this:
http://www.hasport.com/Tech/Wring/EFSi-VTEC.PDF

It has instructions for the O2.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:09 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

cool, just checked it out. i have heard that 1 o2 sensor is bad...like will make it run funny/bad gas mileage? is that true or a myth?
Old 01-08-2004, 04:29 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

I have never heard of that, and my buddy's B16 89 HB runs fine. His one o2 is in the downpipe. Still gets good gas mileage too, for a B16 hb lol!