Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree...and I didn't say "every" mechanic...I just said "Beware of Midas"

Man, were they EVER trying to meet their quota on me! :fawk:

Jason
Old 01-02-2004, 05:36 PM
wagon89

My mom took her Paseo to Midas for new struts and an alignment she came back to find them doing the rear brakes. I went back with her and gave those guys an ass ripping and ahalf. TOld them my moms is not paying for the rear brakes. Told them I would call the BAR in California they could not say anything except enjoy the free rear brake job from the looks on their faces.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Magik

Un-freakin'-believable!

Jason
Old 01-03-2004, 08:31 AM
crxb16er

i have yet to find a shop that i find reputable but then again thats probably cuz my car could use the work that they suggest but im a cheapscape who likes to get by with my own work, only thing i ever bring my car into a shop for is welding on a new cat, muffler, etc.. but basically just exhaust work and thats it
Old 01-11-2004, 08:52 AM
ns_civic

One day sent my g/f to goodyear because the car needed an alignment. So she calls me on the phone and tells me how bad they just tried to rip her off.(my g/f works for kragen auto so she knows quite a bit)so she picks me up from work and hands me a print out they gave her with everything that needs to be done. I just couldn't believe it they said I needed a new fuel filter. I forgot how much they charged for the part but they wanted $150 for the labor. I also have a small leak on my master cyl. and they wanted $300 for te part and $100 labor. There were several other things. Then my g/f looks at the mechanic and asks him if he recognizes her, he obviously didn't. She told him that she works at the kragen across the street. She said the mech. felt so dumb because thats where they get all their parts from and he knew that he got caught trying to rip her off.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:31 PM
zuczek

I took my last Civic to Canadian Tire for an Alignment. I had the Eibach Sportlines on there. They told me that my springs were "Sagging" and that it was not safe to drive the car out of their shop If I don't get all 4 new springs and struts/shocks replaced for like $1200!! . I told them I will prove them wrong and just left? Bunch of idiots!
Old 04-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by zuczek
I took my last Civic to Canadian Tire for an Alignment. I had the Eibach Sportlines on there. They told me that my springs were "Sagging" and that it was not safe to drive the car out of their shop If I don't get all 4 new springs and struts/shocks replaced for like $1200!! . I told them I will prove them wrong and just left? Bunch of idiots!
sweet dead thread bring back dude..
Old 04-27-2004, 06:34 AM
narib2001

I recently went too midas too have them install my dc catback.I couldnt do it myself because it was meant for a gsr and i have a ls.Also have a carsound that needed too be welded.Well when im there i stood under my car and watched them do everything.Before they took my car in they had this women in there and they quoted her for 1000 dollars too replace some gas leak.She said she just filled the tank too much and thats why it leaks.Anyways i was talking too the idiot working there,they were all crowded around my car like it was a ferrari or something.I asked him what qualifications do you need too work here?He said " honestly man....no ****ing thing at all,you can start right away if ya want"I was soo scared at that point.The guy did a ok job putting it up.He did it all under the table for 100 bucks because he had too do some piping and welding for the cat,but he said it would have been 200+ if i didnt do it on the side.They wont really screw you if you know what your talking about,and if you watch them like a mo fo ,but any place that does stuff on the side like that you should run away from.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:52 AM
Civic2Scooby

ok..one more time for yall....DEAD THREAD