Notices

Unknown Wire

Old 12-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Hondaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unknown Wire

I have a 89 honda crx and was looking behind the fuses tracking a wire and followed it to a car intena booster. I have no idea what a car intena booster is but it works. Has three wires one goes to the intena the other to the radio but the one I tracked goes to nothing. It's a red wire and thought it went to a switch but the switch has nothing on it either !!! If anyone knows where the red wire goes or what the switch is for please tell me.
The switch is located to the right of the stering wheel. Please help.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:11 PM
crxb16er

no idea buddy, where is the wire located exactly so that i can take a look on mine and i'll see if i can come up with anything for u. try to be as specific as possible as there are alot of wires down there of course....
Old 12-23-2003, 04:23 PM
Hondaracer

The wire is connected to a car intena booster a wire goes to the intena other to the radio but in between is a little box(car intena booster). The wire that i don't know where goes is coming from that box. Thanks for helping.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:37 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

OK, what's an "intena booster"?

I'm guessing you are talking about some part of the antenna, as in the radio part.

Where is the "booster" and the switch you are talking about?
Old 12-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Hondaracer

I have no idea what it is but is says it's an "Car Intena Booster" It is in between the radio and the intena. It's located underneth the fuse box. It's just a little box with a little red lite on it and it has a button. The previous owner had it screwed on the the fuse box where you could see it. but it's not located in or around the radio.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:35 PM
excitid

if its an antenna signal booster the red wire is more then likely supposed to go to 12 volt + or the radio fuse . I had one on the wagon it supposedly boosted the radio signal but it didn't do much for me.