Notices

tach install

Old 12-22-2003, 05:03 PM
menappi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tach install

hey with a autometer monster tach, is there a wire that hooks up to my guage cluster that i can hook the tach into? its a 91 dx, and i dont want to run a wire to my distributor.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:49 PM
cstem

Default Wirning

THe stock tach wire from the tach to the cluster is blue. If your car did not come with tach stock it shouyl dstill be in the harness. Check that and double check your wiring diagram.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:52 AM
crxb16er

its pretty simple to run a wire off the dizzy thru the gromet on the firewall down by the ecu and then run it to the tach which is how its suggested its done in most cases. but yah u can hit off the gauge cluster wiring, just gotta undo it all and tap into the correct wire. and yes it is blue on my car, off the dizzy and in the gauge cluster harness. good luck with whatever u choose.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:54 PM
menappi

hey thanks, yea all i have is the tach, and i just thought it wouldnt be as messy with a wire runnin to my distributor, but thanks. do you think the guage cluster wire will be as accurate as the dizzy one?
Old 12-23-2003, 01:55 PM
crxb16er

should be just as accurate, there are 2 screws on the front of the gauge cluster, and 2 on the back that have little covers that u have to remove, just pop those out and ull see how to remove the guage cluster and then there are 3 bundles of wires your gonna want to take a look at the one on the left hand side, the big bundle find the blue wire and tap off that and put it all back together, easy either way... good luck and let me know if u have any issues