Notices

vacuum line?

Old 12-19-2003, 01:34 AM
90hbvtec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum line?

ok motor is in everything good ...b16a1 in a 90 hb si...

question is ... vacuum line...set up is
i have a first gen b16 motor with a second gen b16 (P30) intake manifold and a STR TB.. now!! how or where should i do my vacuum lines?.. pictures will be great!! ..lines from like my map sensor to the charcoal canister ETC...how should i hook up these lines..does anyone has this set up that can help me need info ASAP..
Old 12-19-2003, 08:12 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

k this is kinda hard to see....

map is on the throttle body

charcoal can is on the throttle body(right below the map square in pic)

there will be 1 useless line you should plug on the manifold if its an A2(hose with a screw in it)

fuel pressure can either hook to the front of backside of the manifold, which ever you dont use you plug. (not a fat hose that is flagged in pic, it will be a small diam hose like all other vac lines, on backside or front right side of mani next to pcv hookup)

pcv valve or crankshaft ventilation(whichever) is the fat outlet on the front of the mani.

Old 12-19-2003, 10:53 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

k, since you said you also have the str tb, this is a pic of it. the holes i pointed out are where you need to put some hollow screws or an end that is similar to the stock's throttle body map port has threads on one side and looks smooth on the other to fit a vac hose over. then take a peice of vac hose and run from the map to one of those screws. and the other screw to the charcoal can.