Notices

Need crx experts......

Old 12-17-2003, 07:40 PM
honda1998civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need crx experts......

im wondering if a 94 dx hatchback motor will swap into a 91 hf crx? What modifications would be needed? LEt me know what you guys think...
Old 12-17-2003, 11:46 PM
itechengineers
PC's_N_CaR_EnGiNEeRiNGMaN

I'm not an expert, but a honda head i know told me that practically all or most hondas and Acuras are interchangeable with their engine bays.... I have an 87 CRX with a CARB motor and im looking for either F22/23 B16/18 or H22/23 and I have seen these motors, taken measurements and they will slide right into my engine bay, the only thing i have to worry about is motor mounts, the mounting points match up and the mounting poiunt BOLTs match up, but the MOUnt itself is a litter bit bigger, so i need to buy mounts and the axels...... someone else told me i should be able to use my stock wheel assembly but i'll have to question my consideration........ i hope the words i just typed provided a little help... !ITE!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by honda1998civic
im wondering if a 94 dx hatchback motor will swap into a 91 hf crx? What modifications would be needed?
I won't compain about that engine because it is still an improvement over the one in your current car. The D15B7 is a 16 valve, 1.5L engine still won't perform as well as a D16A6 Si engine, but you'll be happy with the difference over yours.

You should be able to just swap most of the junk you need from your current engine. Your mounts, linkage, distributor, and harness will be reused, but you should scavange a PM6 (88-91 Si) ECU to run it. I don't remember the flow specs for HF injectors, if they aren't 240's you should grab some Si injectors. An Si axle/hub conversion would be nice, but probably not nessicary.
Originally posted by itechengineers
I have an 87 CRX with a CARB motor and im looking for either F22/23 (...) H22/23
Ha, have fun with that. H's and F's are 100% custom jobs in those bodys, B-series are a pretty tight fit already.