Notices

b18 mount HELP!! URGENT

Old 12-11-2003, 08:35 PM
menappi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18 mount HELP!! URGENT

alright so i got this 91 hatch with b18a1 motor, and i noticed some weird things that i didtn see when i was looking at it. the front has no mount, which i think is normal, but where there is supposed to be a mount, there is some metal piece attached and some rubber piece so it doesnt hit the frame.
also, the back mount, looks ..not normal. someone told me ican replace that piece, but from what car and how do i do it. he said its dangerous to drive . heres the pictures.

the rear mount, that black thing looks funny, as in the next picture

this is the other side...what do i do? and can i replace that black piece that looks ripped up? could that mess my steering up, cause when i turn left i get this vibration from the front left wheel, and its a knocking vibrating sound that i can feel, not my axel, and my steering wheel is turned to the left a little. HELP
Old 12-11-2003, 08:52 PM
cstem

Default Weel isn't that special?

DUde you got some issues here. First off I would replace all the mounts. Is that rust where the metal is gone or did they slot the metal part of the mount? I can imagine the vibe is from misalignment of the motor and transmission. I have not performed this swap but I know that someone here has so seek thier guidance before you drive your car, this is just crasy looking. I would CARFAX this thing and see if it spent time on junkyard wars or something!
Old 12-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Whoa, that car is a lot more screwed up then I thought.

That back mount is probably why the car is so shakey. Replace that immediately!

That car looks really questionable as far as safety is concerned. You should take it off the road until you can get all the mounting issues settled.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:33 AM
slammed91-hatch

I'd definetely say buy some new mounts, a few different companies make mounts for the b18 into our civics. Those aren't them
Old 12-12-2003, 11:52 AM
menappi

AHHAHA ive been driving this car everyday. the mounts are the rightmounts, its just, that piece in the back where the back mount slides into, got messed up=\ and what i need to know is if i can replace it.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You should be able to get it with just a floor jack and hand tools.

Call HASport to see which rear bracket you need for those mounts. That bracket is often off a different car for different swaps, check to make sure you buy the right one.