Notices

Help! grr.. Rear Bumper falling off

Old 12-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Eclypze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! grr.. Rear Bumper falling off

i have a 1990 Honda Civic DX of which it decided it was time to detach its rear bumper from the rest of its body. The sides are all rusted to where the clips won't stay in the metal side any longer. The entire thing just basically fell yesterday. I have one side being held up with a lonely screw, while speaker wire kinda holds up the middle... still a 4" gap....and is tied inside the trunk.

Any easy fix-its would be greatly appreciated. Not a lot of money to go and buy a new car yet....though, she's at 243,000 miles now. Still Kickin!

Thanks a lot!
Old 12-10-2003, 11:39 AM
crxb16er

more screws. you can drill them thru the bumper into the plastic parts on the frame. had to do that with my brothers civic simple cordless drill and a few screws will do the trick. cheapest way that i know of.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Eclypze

I'll certainly try the best i can with screwing the poor thing back on. Looking around the frame, looks as thought its all metal. Perhaps drilling a hole through both bumper and frame to put a bolt through would work. I guess i'll just have to get that drill a special someone wanted then eh? lol.

Thanks again.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:29 PM
crxb16er

im not sure about the center part but i know that the sides can be screwed into the plastic frame around and going up to the wheel well