Notices

Help please car wont start

Old 12-09-2003, 10:45 PM
slvrinteg95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please car wont start

what are your thoughts on this:

this morning i got up to go to class and it had froze the night before. I went out started my CRX just fine and went to class. when i got back to my car after class i had left the lights on and it as you would expect wouldnt start. a buddy of mine and i tried to jump it an nothing. i had a good and left the cables on for quite a while and could not even get it to click or even try to start the whole car is just dead. the battery is new as of this August so i would think it would take a charge

Anyways what is your thoughts

i havent had a chance yet to go and get the battery tested but thought i would see what you all thought

thanks
Old 12-10-2003, 08:58 AM
cstem

Check the battery cables at the battery, and the starter. If they are corroded clean them and if they are corroded real bad probably need replaced. Cable corrosion starts at the connection then works its way under the insulation down the wire. You said it froze overnight, so I bet the moisture inthe corrosion froze,expanded and created a short or brokethe wire down completely. Also, check your fuses too.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:09 AM
crxb16er

yeppers, first take the battery to any local autozone, checker or pepboys and have it recharged for free, then see if u get some power if not u may have blown a fuse, or have other issues. but first things first
Old 12-10-2003, 04:16 PM
slvrinteg95

thanks fellas

i found the under the hood battery fuse was blown and the battery is at autozone right now i am going to go get it in an hour they are charging it. thanks for the help ill report back later
Old 12-11-2003, 10:04 AM
crxb16er

that means u have a direct short unless it was a fluke if it blows as soon as u put a new one in there check for a short somewhere most commonly the alternator will cause a short on the small wiring connecting it but it can be anywhere if when u put it in it stays then ur good to go.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:02 PM
cstem

Default Direct short

I will guarantee the short is form that nasty cable- pick up some new ones- I did mine at Auto ZOne for like 19$ good cheap insurance!