Notices

degrees off on camber

Old 12-09-2003, 10:35 PM
slammed91-hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default degrees off on camber

i'm curious as to how much your guys' camber was off at what drop. I'm lowered about 2-2and a half and i am wondering about how much my camber would be off. Also what camber kits are you using, and did you bother with doing the back
Old 12-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Zero degrees off at a zero inch drop.

You're probably running about a degree off. No big deal.

If you are going to fix your camber, do all four points. There's no point in letting your rears wear away while the fronts stay good.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:47 AM
jc836

If you are lowered 2"+ then the front should be obviously out of spec. Our car needed kits up front and due to the rule we used SPC eccentric bushings. There are other solutions.
Be warned that adjusting the front will be reason to have to modify the flange where the inner arch is. You need a bit of clearnace there for the control arm to properly clear-do not cut the arm itself. The easiest thing here is to cut a small piece from the liner and then make several slits in the sheetmetal and bend it out of the way-then paint it. This applies whether you use SPC or Ingalls kits up front or a replacemnt arm for that matter.
For the rear we only needed to shim the upper arm out with washers-you may need bolts too. If you have no restriction in race class then the Ingalls or SPC adjustable upper arms are a great solution. I used them on the Civic and they do the job.
Happy holidays
Old 12-10-2003, 04:29 PM
slammed91-hatch

I was just trying to see which kit i need, cause they have like a regular one that's 0-1and a half degrees, and another "extreme" kit that's 1and a half -3 degrees or something, and i didn't wanna have to go in and get it checked before i get a kit. Has anybody had a tire wear problem in the back on these cars? i have yet to see any tire wear at all.