Notices

B18A vacuum line help

Old 12-03-2003, 09:46 PM
menappi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18A vacuum line help

hey i need some help, do all my vacuum lines (what you can see) seem to be hooked up in the right spot? there are a few that i circled that are blocked off or cut.

oh its a 91 hb dx
Old 12-04-2003, 01:45 PM
sick79

the red outlined hose on the far left should connect to your intake tube.

the outlined hose on the top of your intake manifold should connect to the lower fitting on the dashpot that you have circled.(the dashpot has up written on it)

the upper hose on that dashpot should also connect to the intake tube.

you should really invest in a car manual of some sort to get a vacuum diagram, depending on what year your motor is get the corresponding integra manual.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:19 PM
menappi

ok thanks, but when you mean intake tube...? i have some aft ermarket intake, and it only has one outlet, which should go to that tube that comes off the valve cover, so im wondering where those two lines u say go...get back tome but THANKS!

*yea i just got the car, need to fix it so i can register it, n then ill pick a manual up.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:40 PM
sick79

there should be one big outlet and one little outlet on the intake tube. you can either drill a hole into your intake tube and jb weld some outlet to connect the intake tube to, or go to an auto parts store and try to find some kind of "t" to connect to the intake so you can run two hoses to the one outlet. i had to do the same thing on my 90 teg, i jb welded a fitting that was on the stock intake ducting.

on a side note, how do you like the hatch running with the b18a? i have an 88 hatch that im working on right now, im either gonna sell my teg and buy some sort of d series and boost it, or swap my tegs b18 into the hatch. it just depends on if someone buys my car before im ready to swap, probably in a month or two. anyways, good luck.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:24 PM
menappi

one more line question. to the left of the fuel filter, that black canister thing with the two red lines, that one black vacuum line coming off the top of it, goes to nothing. where woudl that go???

and as far as teh motor, i only got to drive it home, cause i need a new axel and knuckle/hub, but i like! it pulls hella. i had a dohc zc in my hf crx, and this is way faster. i like it, lots of torque. but anyways thansk for the help.

ps. so your saying that an ls intake has two intake hose things..? my crx one had only 1, and that connected to the valve cover =\ im still a little confused.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:38 PM
sick79

that black hose that is on the charcoal canister should connect to a black hard line that runs along the top of the intake manifold, i can see it in your picture.

as for the intake, my stock teg intake tube actually has 3 little tubes to connect vacuum lines to, the aftermarket cheap ones only come with 2, so you have to modify them.

i will probably use my teg motor in my hatch, i just dont want to get stuck with an empty shell. i guess i can always use the seats and what not as well as the engine. my motor is pretty strong, i bet it will kick ass in a semi gutted hatch. plus the body looks aged badly so i bet i can catch a few people off guard.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:37 PM
menappi

hey thanks. why would the intake have three holes? thast weird i think. and abotu the hose from the black canister, can you draw on there maybe where its supposed to go, or what part it goes to, a sensor maybe? there two hard black tubes up top, one has somethign connected to both ends, and the other isnt in use. thanks
Old 12-05-2003, 11:51 AM
sick79

here is a shot of my tegs bay.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:08 PM
sick79

lets see if this one works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
engine bay 20002.jpg (461.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 12-06-2003, 07:23 PM
menappi

thanks , but in that picture i cant really see any lines =\ all i have left is the one on top of that black canister, that is supposed to go to a hard line? i see the hard line, but its by itself, not connected on the other end. actually there are two hard lines connected side by side. the first one is in use, the next one doesnt have any hoses. where does the line from the canister go connect to, meaning what engine part? then i can connect them via the hard line. thanks