Notices

d16a1 into crx hf?

Old 12-02-2003, 08:33 PM
jlicrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LSVTECKING
your better off fabricating mounts and keeping the ZC tranny but put the Si final drive into the ZC tranny, it makes for a way better set-up
he does not have a ZC transmission - he has an 89 integra transmission which is unlike any other Honda transmission - the D16A1 is not a ZC
Old 12-02-2003, 08:46 PM
crxb16er

without the 2 starter bolts u will rip the starter off the car after a few weeks of operation i guarantee it. even if one bolt is lose it will cause the starter to bind once the pinion gear shoots out onto the flywheel which will push the starter away from the tranny which will cause the one end u do have attached to snap off. i can send u a picture if u want to see what will happen but lets say that its not a pretty situation. leaving the tranny unbolted to the block on 1 or 2 bolts isnt a huge deal (although i would never suggest it) but the starter has to be held on by both bolts
Old 12-02-2003, 08:49 PM
crxb16er

i destroyed 3 starters within 6 months b4 i finally removed my old tranny and drilled and retapped the hole that wasnt holding due to the bolt backing out due to heavy vibrations on an already partially stripped hole. don't know if anyone remembers that but it was about 2 years ago i ran into that problem. for any of u old timers
Old 12-02-2003, 09:12 PM
jlicrx

crxb16er is absolutely right - i should have elaborated a little more - i wouldn't do it either - just wanted to point out that it could be done, although, lots of things that can be done probably shouldn't be done
Old 12-06-2003, 05:54 PM
lime91crx

ok thanks, so if i were to buy another motor what should i look into and if posible give me some websites. i was thinking about a b16 but there is a guy that lives down the street from me that has an integra with a b18, but hes not selling it untill after winter but the body is shot but the motor is good
Old 12-13-2003, 07:16 PM
scuba_stevecrx

where do you live with your crx kansas??
Old 12-17-2003, 06:28 PM
lime91crx

i live in pennsylvania. we get really bad winters but i parked my car for the winter.i got it down south and there isnt any rust on it
Old 12-27-2003, 05:48 PM
toxiclows

Hey Lime, good talking to you today. Ill keep my eyes peeled for someone who wants your teg engine....Like I said. you might want to keep your axles for if you do the b16 swap or something in the future.
My offer still stands for the crx engine that i have 250.... but you will need to wire it up for dpfi...... even do 92 hp. is going to be quite a boost over the stock HF....

for motors you might want to check withNippon Motors
or H Motors Online

you should be able to get full b16a swap for about 1300 to 1600 and have 160 HP
or go with a ZC which is basically the engine that you have with a better head and the proper mount points .for your Rex chassis
the zc swap I believe is around 795.....

another good swap. hat would be worth your time would be the 92-95 civic d16a8 ( dont quote me on that one..... it is the non vtec one with honda on the valve cover and the valve cover is bare aluminum ..... decent power and is a drop in for your d series mount points... I think you need to use your stick intake and throttle body. and I think you would need one off of an SI and not an HF... but you should be able to find that cheap. and the engine should be really cheap at local junk yerda out of a wrecked one.....
good luck to you ...I see we are in about the same boat. nice rexes and no motors to make them go vroom...... let me know if you find a drivers door and or fender. and ill keep looking for and engine for you

Toxic
Old 12-28-2003, 12:10 PM
crxrocks

Originally posted by toxiclows
[B My offer still stands for the crx engine that i have 250.... but you will need to wire it up for dpfi...... even do 92 hp. is going to be quite a boost over the stock HF....
Do yourself a favor and DO NOT swap backward to a DPFI setup. Also, that is a lot of money for a DX engine. I sold my Si engine with only 80k miles for less than that. Nobody wants that engine so it should be much less than that.

another good swap. hat would be worth your time would be the 92-95 civic d16a8 ( dont quote me on that one..... it is the non vtec one with honda on the valve cover and the valve cover is bare aluminum ..... decent power and is a drop in for your d series mount points... I think you need to use your stick intake and throttle body. and I think you would need one off of an SI and not an HF... but you should be able to find that cheap. and the engine should be really cheap at local junk yerda out of a wrecked one.....
There are a couple of options if you are looking at using newer d-series SOHC VTEC engines, the d16z6 and the d16y8. I have heard debate about which is better based on intake manifold design, etc, but since I haven't been too interested in that option, I have pretty much ignored them.

Chris
Old 01-07-2004, 05:23 PM
lime91crx

Ok thanks. i just bout a si engine out of an crx. i got it for kind of cheap and i figured it will be a huge improvment from the hf anyway....but i only plan on having it for one summer then going to b-series...... do u know wheather i should go with v-tec or not i have heard of some ppl having trouble with it but its more horse power than non v-tec so i dont know