Notices

Death of a Honda...R.I.P

Old 11-22-2003, 08:45 AM
Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death of a Honda...R.I.P

Last night...I was travelling through an intersection and some old bastard decided to cut me off in his big Dodge Ram...and Ram I did...right into him. Green light was mine...he was turning across the intersection...all I saw was green light and then...truck...BAM.

This is what's left of my baby...

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
accident3.jpg (127.9 KB, 170 views)
Old 11-22-2003, 09:00 AM
crxb16er

oh man thats too bad, good thing ur all right though. look kinda like my accident except they hit me straight on at a 35 mph hit... my car was crumpled quite a bit more. good luck with whatever ur gonna do next and i hope that the car was all that was damaged. i doubt many ppl have been on this site long enough with the exception of a few to remember my accident 2 years ago when i got hit by a dodge ram at an intersection and got put in the hospital as well as my crx was totalled beyond any hope of salvage.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Magik

Thanks...I am ok...sore as hell...I did go to the hospital las t night and am now on 'anti-inflammatories' for my back and neck...the seatbelt wrenched me pretty hard...neck hurts pretty good today.

As far as fixable...no idea...it's in pretty bad shape I was going about 50km/hr (approx. 35mph) and all of a sudden he was just there...ironic...I was on my way to the place where my 'parts' car is to take some more parts off to put on this one...the right tire seems to be pushed back a bit...so that means frame or axle...dammit...at least the new winter tires I bought 3 days ago are not damaged...

Gotta go take a pill now...

Jason
Old 11-22-2003, 09:16 AM
crxb16er

yah my drivers side tire was up into the wheel well, car didnt ever roll again. the control arms didnt bend though the metal frame around the part where the shock/strut assembly attaches to the frame on top just bumped up, seating the tire on the inside of the wheel well. and the ram that hit me rolled up on top of the car and i had a tire sitting on my windshield which was smashed downward of course. yah everyone was afraid i hit the steering column but those honda seat belts sure do hold well. i fractured 70% of the cartilidge in my chest but no broken bones, took some good pain killers for a while (valium/codine/hypercodine/percaset/and the best of them all oxicotton) had some fun with those for about a month and finally started rebuilding from scratch...
Old 11-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Magik

Yah...it's APO-NAPROXEN for me...

As far as the car I'm not sure what's up under the hood...haven't had the 'nerve' to pry open the hood yet...sigh...scared to look kinda...it's depressing...it's my first car...and it will never likely roll again.

Jason
Old 11-22-2003, 09:42 AM
crxb16er

ehh more than likely the radiator is smashed. but the engine is gonna be decent with the exception of a smashed valve cover which normally crunches pretty easily, ur tires will be fine but im betting the metal around the inside of the engine bay around the tires is gonna be warped beyond repair, salvage the engine and as much parts u can and see about getting a car with a blown engine and a crappy interior and move it on over thats what i did, my crx is a total of 3 prior crx's put into one, im still rolling with my original rims and coilovers everything else has been replaced many many times with newer components from different cars. only 1 wreck total in my 4 crxs but it was a bad one. my hood looked alot like urs bent up like that easiest way to get it off is to unbolt it from the back more than likely the frame has bent onto the latch so ur not gonna be able to pop it open. i salvaged everything i could and all those lightbulbs and fuses have come in handy over the years wish i would have kept my dash mat though... had to get a new one recently
Old 11-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Vividkid82

sorry to hear = (
Old 11-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Magik

That is my plan...

umm question...my 90 HB Si which I was taking parts off of for my STD...now obviously it's going to go the other way around...

The reason the guys sold it to me was two fold, he has already bought an integra, and the Si...burnt oil like it was going out of style. 30 seconds after you start it...there is blue smoke pouring out of the ass end of this thing like there is no tomorrow...you don't leave it running in a garage...bad idea. Plus there is oil everywhere in the engine bay...what is this? and how do I fix it...obviously I am going to be fixing my 'parts car' to drive at this point now...sigh...stress, the negative cousin of adrenaline...sigh.

Jason
Old 11-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Vividkid82

sell ur wrecked on for scrap and use the money for a b16 swap on the SI = )
Old 11-22-2003, 12:18 PM
Magik

Heh...you guys and your swaps...sigh...

Swapping aside...which may be needed...in your opinion...what is happening to make the Si blow Oil like that?

Jason