Notices

Death of a Honda...R.I.P

Old 11-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok...on the Si...I just had it running...this is the parts car that I may make my new daily driver...it has a D15B2 in it...when I had it running it didn't seem to be smoking as bad...but the smoke coming out of the tail pipe now seems more 'white' than blue and my "engine" light is staying on???
What would cause the engine light to stay on?
Also in the case of the oil...could it be something as simple as the valve cover gasket? The plugs do not seem to be fouling...sigh...really wish that dumbass hadn't hit me...

Jason
Old 11-24-2003, 12:47 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

sounds like your headgasket is bad on it with the white smoke (burnt antifreeze)...engine light can mean the car is overheating, oil pressure is low, etc. pull up the passenger side carpet to look at the computer...count the number of blinks and that will tell you the code it is throwing
Old 11-26-2003, 06:01 AM
Magik

Originally posted by jaje
sounds like your headgasket is bad on it with the white smoke (burnt antifreeze)...engine light can mean the car is overheating, oil pressure is low, etc. pull up the passenger side carpet to look at the computer...count the number of blinks and that will tell you the code it is throwing
Well, I checked the computer "blinks" and it flashed "10" times. Anyone have any clue what that means on an Si?

Thanks,

Jason
Old 11-26-2003, 12:20 PM
Magik

Does anyone have a clue what "code 10" would be?
And what I do to fix the problem?

Jason
Old 11-26-2003, 12:52 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

a code 10 is the TA (intake air temperature) sensor

Online Helms
http://www.carenthusiast.com/crxuk/C...hop_Manual.pdf

Section 6 has the flashing codes list and tells what the problem is

Page 6-48 has instructions on how to find out what the problem is and how to fix it

good luck
Old 11-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Magik

Thanks dude...I'll have a look and see what I can find! :thumbup:

Jason
Old 11-26-2003, 06:07 PM
b_dyche
owned by a 9 car pile-up

Originally posted by BullFrogger
ironic your plate says BYE.

yeah, I noticed that, too

Also, was your right rear crumpled before the wreck? if not....

let's just say I wouldn't trust the integrity of a vehicle that had that much shock run through it...
Old 11-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Magik

Originally posted by b_dyche
yeah, I noticed that, too

Also, was your right rear crumpled before the wreck? if not....

let's just say I wouldn't trust the integrity of a vehicle that had that much shock run through it...
Yah...I noticed the "bye" thing two...the first picture I took...sigh...it was heart breaking.

Yes the right rear was crumpled...I was climbing a hill behind a backhoe and was almost stalling in second gear...I crested the hill and pulled out to pass...just as I was almost by him...he turned LEFT! The bicket on the front of the tractor hit me in the rear quarter panel.

I patched it up to the best of my ability...the Si quater panel was soon to be cut off for the STD...glad I didn't do that now...

Jason
Old 11-27-2003, 08:57 AM
Magik

It's official...it is being considered a write off...

But get this...know what his insurance company offered me...$1000!!!! :madfawk: Bastards...I knew they'd come in low...but sweet geezuz! He asked me what I was thinking, suggesting maybe around $2000...I said bare minimum! He told me that the appraiser told him that if the car was in perfect condition he couldn't get more than $3-500 for it... :bs: that's a freakin' joke, I had a perfect, running car, albeit a little banged up...but running fine before his customer hit me. They could get at LEAST that out of the engine alone!
If he comes back and says $2000...my next statement is..."$2500" ...if he won't agree to that, then I say..."I keep the car" (parts for the Si like the new 'front pipe' that I just put on that cost me over $400)...we'll see...

Sorry had to vent...

Jason