Old 11-22-2003, 01:16 PM
BullFrogger
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ironic your plate says BYE.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Magik

I was wondering when someone was going to notice that...sigh...sooo depressing when I looked at the picture...

Jason

PS> and welcome to the board BF...
Old 11-22-2003, 04:51 PM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

I remember when i was driving around this building and there was a blind corner and i turned and when i got around it this Ram hit my car after i skided to a stop and Bam she went straight into my driver side fender and alls i saw was peice of my corner light flipping through the air and then i was crying like a bitch and i was yelling at the bitch then after i paid 400 to fix the fender and control arm the real owner of the vehicle tried to Get a 1000 outta me saying when she hit me that it cracked somthing. But Yeah i think if u really like the car and if the front end of the si will fit u should try to cut ur front end and weld on the si front end... its a though
Old 11-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Magik

At this point having a car to 'drive' at all would be nice. I'm hoping by Monday that the insurance thing will get me a rental car...that will at least allow me to drive to work (12kms one way) and get me to where my Si is in a friends garage (12kms away, one way) and I can get it road worthy...and by that I mean, the fenders back on, the bumper back n the headlights back in the gauge cluster back in the glove box back in, the tires and rims switched, get it registered, safety inspected, the engine fixed...still don't know what's wrong there...
I'm still depressed everytime I think about it...I never seemed to get ahead with that car...I'd just get to a point where I fixed something that I needed to do for a while and something else would break...now, I was just starting to get some bangs fixed up, got new tires and rims...them bam...now I need to do the ultimate fix that may not be fixable. I walked until I was 29 and this was my first 'ride' of my own...I got very attached to the little bomb...and it's gonna hurt to part with her...

Jason
Old 11-23-2003, 06:56 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by Magik
The reason the guys sold it to me was two fold, he has already bought an integra, and the Si...burnt oil like it was going out of style. 30 seconds after you start it...there is blue smoke pouring out of the ass end of this thing like there is no tomorrow...you don't leave it running in a garage...bad idea. Plus there is oil everywhere in the engine bay...what is this? and how do I fix it...obviously I am going to be fixing my 'parts car' to drive at this point now...sigh...stress, the negative cousin of adrenaline...sigh.
i'd check the coolant on the car to see if you blew a head gasket for one but i bet it has some blown pistong rings allowing oil to enter the combustion chamber...and from the amount of smoke it sounds pretty bad...it is compression test time to see which cylinder is bad (maybe more than one)...but total engine rebuild unless you swap in the other engine from the wrecked car...maybe look into a dohc zc swap as those are cheap $800 for a complete swap
Old 11-23-2003, 10:30 PM
AwwsChwA

Originally posted by Magik
Heh...you guys and your swaps...sigh...

Swapping aside...which may be needed...in your opinion...what is happening to make the Si blow Oil like that?

Jason
Agreed. People are obsessed with the whole B16 gig. Anyway, the massive oil blowing is more than likely a combination of a few things. Failed piston rings, bad head gasket blown around an oiling passage, and bad valve guides/seals. A leakdown test will help determine how much of it is rings, valves, or guides.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:02 AM
Magik

Originally posted by AwwsChwA
Agreed. People are obsessed with the whole B16 gig. Anyway, the massive oil blowing is more than likely a combination of a few things. Failed piston rings, bad head gasket blown around an oiling passage, and bad valve guides/seals. A leakdown test will help determine how much of it is rings, valves, or guides.
A "leadown test"

Jason
Old 11-24-2003, 05:21 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

comp test just tells you the highest amount of pressure the cylinder will hold...you then compare them among the other cylinders and look for difference of greater than 10% (with the amt of oil being burnt you'll have 1 or 2 bad cylinders and a $30 comp test gauge can tell you that easily and cheaply...but a comp test has its faults that a leakdown test can show

a leakdown test is where you crank each cylinder and add air via an air compressor...the cylinder chamber should hold the air in for a specific amount of time and the gauge will read how fast it loses pressure and you can listen for bubbles in the coolant or the hissing sound...these cost more and are more difficult to use than a comp test but tell you much more...here's a site you can look at to get an idea including build your own
http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/leakdown_tester.htm
Old 11-24-2003, 05:29 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

sorry to hear that man.. good luck

RIP HONDA
Old 11-24-2003, 06:02 AM
Magik

Originally posted by schwanginpt
sorry to hear that man.. good luck