Notices

RPMs in your CRX

Old 11-13-2003, 07:06 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well in the 1/4 mile i wasn't in 4th gear nearly as long as before. but i dunno, i don't wanna get in an argument over this.. so end.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:41 AM
excitid

http://crx.honda-perf.org/math/index.html
Old 11-14-2003, 10:09 AM
crxb16er

sorry its been a while since i was on here, ur engine makes no difference, at all, no matter what head u have, if u lighten internals, boost, change ur flywheel. ANYTHING ENGINE related. now what does matter is what tranny ur using its gearing, how big the diameter of ur wheels (if u ever change ur speedo).

Ur tranny has a speed sensor wire coming off the top, which regulates what speed the car is moving, now this can be adjusted to accomidate bigger wheel diameter. THE ONLY ACTUAL difference as to what makes our rpms and speeds different is from the input shaft going into the tranny to the output shaft coming out. PERIOD. yes having a faster engine will make the rpms go up faster. but ur mph/rpms will be the same regardless. hope that explains something its simple physics.

on another note if u have a smaller wheel diameter then ur speedo is acommidating for then u will get a false reading of mph but this will still show up the same on the tach and mph gauges.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:13 AM
crxb16er

i know harry knows what im talking about lol... i once had an hf tranny on my zc and i can gaurantee u the car did go faster but i was hitting the same rpms at the same speeds as i originally did with the hf engine, the rpms just climbed alot faster obviously.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:30 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

Originally posted by CRX_stg3
how long can u keep a car in the redline till it's dangerous
well my sig is as high as i have gone. the redline starts at 9g, but i am kinda scary bout the whole 9 grand...i usually just use teh stock shift at 8200. im curious to know where it starts to drop. im still makin power at 8200..thats as far as he went on the dyno when that was done. like i said in another post, i need a gsr header so i can get that on and go tune/dyno it again.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:07 PM
crxb16er

yah for the redline question it depends on the condition of ur engine, ur head, ur valve springs, rocker arms, camshaft, how well balanced ur engine is, the dangers of high rpms is valve lift. and floating valves, the valve springs cant react fast enough and shit gets screwed up
Old 11-30-2003, 01:01 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by crxb16er
yah for the redline question it depends on the condition of ur engine, ur head, ur valve springs, rocker arms, camshaft, how well balanced ur engine is, the dangers of high rpms is valve lift. and floating valves, the valve springs cant react fast enough and shit gets screwed up
So wut would happen if u downshifted from 5th to 1st while going about 90.