Notices

rwd civic/crx

Old 12-21-2003, 02:55 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hondas only have AWD mount points in AWD cars, as in the CRV and the AWD Civic wagon.

It's not that simple, just like DSM AWD conversions, everything has to be ripped out and rebuilt.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:18 AM
squee

www.mahdavimotorsports.com
They are unqualified, unskilled, untrained, incapable, moronic pieces of shit.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:46 AM
crxb16er

as for the cr-nsx its a nice car but then again just think of the time and effort involved with having to do something like that, the nsx engine alone is way more than a b18c setup. rear wheel drive is nice BUT... i dont believe its worth it to take a fwd car and try to convert it on over, better off to start with a 240 a rx7 or old 300z, in my opinion
Old 12-30-2003, 06:36 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Originally posted by squee
www.mahdavimotorsports.com
They are unqualified, unskilled, untrained, incapable, moronic pieces of shit.
BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Agreed!:thumbup:
Old 12-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:48 PM
UmaycallUsQ

i heard they have a 4wd integra, on the JDM and i hear the differential they use is the same one they use in the cr-v, im also told that its really easy to convert the US model, to 4wd, so maybeeeee thats a good place to look for compatibility, with your project.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:31 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by NaticusRex
I was thinking about making my crx 4wd actually, of course from a time and power loss standpoint its just wrong, like one of those things thats just... wrong. But, I think it would be really fun to drive and I was going to use a modded tranny out of a civic wagon and tack it onto my zc, after of course building a car to put it under. I'm looking at disassembling the car, measuring out all major mount points for EVERYTHING and building a tube frame to be its own 30 or so point roll cage. floor boards to be made out of carbon fiber by me and a custom body kit to match. the only thing original I intend to end up with is the window shape and location. BTW 91 crxs sold in canada for canadians have lighter doors that don't have any provisions for seatbelts on the door. check out the thread I started and ran into the ground last spring. Nothing like a extra clutch pack in the driveshaft with a squeeze handle on the e-brake so you can drop the rear clutch in the middle of a launch once the weight is thrown back by accelleration.... or maybe in a understeering powerslide?........ hrm oh well, I could make the car 4wd and usable for 2k$ but to get all this stuff done and call it a finished project I am guestimating ~50K$ ALSO- the whole point of having a tube frame as far as I'm concerned is so that you can throw away a pointlessly weak cumbersome and 'heavy' unibody. * not tube frame type heavy, but 'heavy'
:wtf:
Old 08-29-2004, 08:18 PM
v8guy
Professor

Originally Posted by sik_crx_vtec
Here ya go - click on this link - 1984 Honda CRX With V8 - NOT ENORMOUS. LOL

http://www.mothers.com/coolcars/cust...dies84CRX.html

Yo that is awesome. I was like WTF did they guy use an Oldsmobile big block (not that there is anything wrong with them, just not that popular) then I realized that he was using a TH-425 late '60s Olds Toranado FWD transaxle in the rear. He uses the stock engine to run the AC, alternator, and steering pump, LOL!!!!!! That is just awesome.

What I think would be cool would be a Grand National intercooled 3.8 Liter turbo V6 mounted up front with a traditional RWD layout. Ford nine all the way but go coil spring, as mentioned no room for leaf springs in such a little car. Gotta remember those things stick out as far behind the axle as they do in front. You'd have spring out past the back bumper LMAO.

If you can fab up a chassis than almost anything is possible. Some psycho around by me has a third gen Camaro jacked up like bigfoot with monster mudders and rancho shocks. I know GM never intended for camaros to be four wheel drive!!!

Personally I like my little CRX just the way it is, FWD. If I wanted RWD I would buy a RWD car..... Oh wait I already own two mustangs.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Civic2Scooby

this thread is old as balls
Old 08-29-2004, 09:13 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
this thread is old as balls
thank this guy
Originally Posted by UmaycallUsQ
i heard they have a 4wd integra, on the JDM and i hear the differential they use is the same one they use in the cr-v, im also told that its really easy to convert the US model, to 4wd, so maybeeeee thats a good place to look for compatibility, with your project.
:slap: