Notices

rwd civic/crx

Old 11-06-2003, 03:19 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why? This is why God invented the Nissan 240SX.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:24 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
Why? This is why God invented the Nissan 240SX.
:rofl::werd:

mmmmm sr20det.....
Old 11-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Kai. Sounds like eye. It's a name, not Kia the car company.

Originally posted by speedracercivic
I have no problems with making a tubed frame...
Well then you are already more skilled then 99% of the people that ask this question. You have to realize that most the new guys that ask this question don't even know what a tube frame is.
if i did this project i would use a ford nine rear end and convert the suspension to leaf springs.
I can understand using a Ford nine, but why would you even consider leaf springs? You'd have to tube out the rear end to have somewhere stable to mount them. If you do that, you might as well yank the rear suspension out of some car that has an independant rear suspension system.

After you finish, you're going to have a full tube frame drag car hiding inside the leftovers of a Civic unibody. It'll be neat, but their won't be much left to qualify it as a Civic.

It'd be neat though.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:55 PM
NaticusRex

I was thinking about making my crx 4wd actually, of course from a time and power loss standpoint its just wrong, like one of those things thats just... wrong. But, I think it would be really fun to drive and I was going to use a modded tranny out of a civic wagon and tack it onto my zc, after of course building a car to put it under. I'm looking at disassembling the car, measuring out all major mount points for EVERYTHING and building a tube frame to be its own 30 or so point roll cage. floor boards to be made out of carbon fiber by me and a custom body kit to match. the only thing original I intend to end up with is the window shape and location. BTW 91 crxs sold in canada for canadians have lighter doors that don't have any provisions for seatbelts on the door. check out the thread I started and ran into the ground last spring. Nothing like a extra clutch pack in the driveshaft with a squeeze handle on the e-brake so you can drop the rear clutch in the middle of a launch once the weight is thrown back by accelleration.... or maybe in a understeering powerslide?........ hrm oh well, I could make the car 4wd and usable for 2k$ but to get all this stuff done and call it a finished project I am guestimating ~50K$ ALSO- the whole point of having a tube frame as far as I'm concerned is so that you can throw away a pointlessly weak cumbersome and 'heavy' unibody. * not tube frame type heavy, but 'heavy'
Old 11-07-2003, 03:09 PM
crxb16er

you'd be cheaper just getting a carbon fiber civic lift off top and putting it on a different frame than working with a civic frame and hacking away. they do have 1 peice front ends and 1 peice back ends. get a different car and make it look like a civic if u really want or else get an nissan 240sx. i have to agree with that one. the crx 4wd has been done with a crv drivetrain and engine. tight fit and alot of custom work. need a new fuel tank, more work than i believe is worth it but best of luck to you.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:20 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

check out mandavi motorsports in atlanta georgia...mr nsx drivetrain installed in a crx
Old 11-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

240sx
Old 11-09-2003, 01:38 PM
Vividkid82

My brother owning a 240sx...let me jump in..

240's are great for handling. We put on some Tein HA's and just some real basic 17" rims and tires and its handles awsome...Problem is power.

Your going to pressed to spend less then $4500 swapping in a SR20det doing it yourself and WAY more obviously having a shop do it. 3 or 4 years ago, it was cheap, but now the bandwagon is getting out of hand driving anything 'sylvia' thru the roof...+ onces you do a stock sr20det into an s13...you now have a high-mid 14 second car at best, add boost controller, turbo, big pound injects, ECU etc...for another 3000-5000 will put u into the deep 12's, 11's...

If you want to go fast for cheap and have RIS, with RWD, just get an 91 Vette with a 6 speed and 100,000 miles for 7-8 g's go 13's, pull mean ass drifts, and call it a day.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:59 PM
NaticusRex

yup, get a vette, they are nice.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by Vividkid82
If you want to go fast for cheap (...) just get an 91 Vette
He used the words "cheap" and "vette" in the same sentance!

:lmfao: