Notices

woohoo I got my 90 Crx Si today...

Old 10-20-2003, 12:52 AM
Calilude
I'm Shy :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default woohoo I got my 90 Crx Si today...

I finally got my 1990 Honda Crx si today. The only that sucks about it is, it has no radio, and it has 236k miles on the body and the stock motor. I'm not really trippin on the motor to much. As soon as I get a digi cam I'll post pics. I had to get this little car it's so much fun. What do you guys think I should do first to the car?

I'm saving for a b18c5 motor but that'll be down the line. Right now I'm thinking of getting a body kit, rims, and paint done. What do you guys think? Motor I won't be able to get for like 6 months. If I can find a good deal on one probably shorter. I traded my h22a stock motor that I had for the 90 Crx Si that I have now. Let me know what you guys think I should do ok, any good sites where I can get, rims, suspension, beat and body kits? Thanks
Old 10-20-2003, 05:25 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

congrats man :thumbup: cant wait to see some pics.

first thing i would do is get a radio for it and check the engine out and see if it needs anything: timing belt, water pump... etc. If you're not looking into getting another engine right away, than i would make sure that motor will last until then.

As far as what to do aftermarket.... its up to you man.. there's soo much stuff out there.. that its really up to you, and this is your car, so do what you want. good luck and you will enjoy the CRX!
Old 10-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Calilude

Originally posted by schwanginpt
congrats man :thumbup: cant wait to see some pics.

first thing i would do is get a radio for it and check the engine out and see if it needs anything: timing belt, water pump... etc. If you're not looking into getting another engine right away, than i would make sure that motor will last until then.

As far as what to do aftermarket.... its up to you man.. there's soo much stuff out there.. that its really up to you, and this is your car, so do what you want. good luck and you will enjoy the CRX!
Yeah when I get a digi cam, I'll post pics of the car. I drove the crx si around today just for fun and it drives great. I'll do as you suggested about the motor. I'll probably being a swap in about 6-7 months for it or so. Radio will go in about two weeks. Plus I'll be getting an alarm and and autolock the lock that goes on the brake system.. I'll keep everyone posted when I do more mods to the car.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:16 PM
crxb16er

yah i wouldnt suggest doing anything as far as the engine goes besides basic maintainance, get a radio, get some wheel locks if u want, when u change engines more than likely u wont be able to change over any engine mods anyways so isnt worth it, if u want start looking into better shocks and struts, to handle the extra weight of a new engine as well as urs are probably shot with that much mileage, congrats crx's are great cars, hope u enjoy ur new pocket rocket
Old 10-20-2003, 02:32 PM
Calilude

Originally posted by crxb16er
yah i wouldnt suggest doing anything as far as the engine goes besides basic maintainance, get a radio, get some wheel locks if u want, when u change engines more than likely u wont be able to change over any engine mods anyways so isnt worth it, if u want start looking into better shocks and struts, to handle the extra weight of a new engine as well as urs are probably shot with that much mileage, congrats crx's are great cars, hope u enjoy ur new pocket rocket
Yeah I'm not really worried about doing anything to the motor just keeping it up so I can drive around. I think I'm going to look for some ground controls for my crx. I think those are the best brand out there for honda's and they're not to expensive and I heard they have really good handling.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:09 AM
GsrRex88

Default Re: woohoo I got my 90 Crx Si today...

Originally posted by Calilude
I finally got my 1990 Honda Crx si today.

Right now I'm thinking of getting a body kit, rims, and paint done. What do you guys think? Thanks
RICER!!!...

The money you spend on rims body kit and paint you could be WELL on your way to that B18c5 swap.

-Eric
Old 10-21-2003, 08:13 AM
Brad
wooo nascar!

Default Re: Re: woohoo I got my 90 Crx Si today...

Originally posted by GsrRex88
RICER!!!...
calm down n00b :slap:

congrats on your purchase man, i hope that motor lasts till ur ready for your ITR swap :thumbup:
Old 10-21-2003, 09:47 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

so you traded a $3,000 motor for a crx si with 236,000 geez you lost alot of money didnt you
Old 10-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Calilude

Originally posted by LSVTECKING
so you traded a $3,000 motor for a crx si with 236,000 geez you lost alot of money didnt you
Not really I only paid 1200 for the motor and the motor originally had 156k miles on it. I wasn't really trippin on it. And your right riceburninvtec, my car my money and I'll do what I want with it.
I thought the h22a had to many miles on it and wasn't worth it, plus I really wanted a crx si to begin with.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:40 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

sounds like a good trade to me. i too say congrats to yah...im sure you really will enjoy this car. ive been outa mine for almost 14 weeks now and well i miss her more than a child....oh and welcome to the 200K Club...heh....ive got 278,000 on my body...