Notices

Help My car wont start!!!!

Old 10-19-2003, 09:19 AM
atli126

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help My car wont start!!!!

ok guys my distributor went out and i got a used one, and we put it on , and now my car is firing and igniting like it should,

i know that my distributor is good compared to my old one.

i have pulled the spark plug wire out put it on top of the motor , and you can see it spark, i thought it could have been my fuel pump but i took out my filter and cranked it and fuel shot out , so my pump is pumping , but now i dont what to do i would love to have someone lend a helping hand if they have any ideas.

thanks
Bret
Old 10-19-2003, 05:17 PM
crxb16er

ignition timing? spark plug wires arent corrected in the propper order? spark plugs? fuel filter? main relay? air filter REALLY clogged? could be a lot of things buddy? start with the simple stuff first, if it gets down to it do a compression check and make sure the engine is in propper working order, im guessing u changed out the cap and rotor when u got the used dizzy?
Old 10-19-2003, 07:50 PM
atli126

yeah i switch to a new cap and rotor , ive got the plug\ wires in the right sequence no air filter clogged , i mean it ran fine befor the dizzy locked up
Old 10-19-2003, 08:14 PM
crxb16er

did u check the timing? make sure it isnt too retarded or advanced? and that the cam timing is still correct? if it even goes one notch off on the timing belt it will not start. check the alignment marks on the crank and cam pulley and make sure everything is alligned properly, if uve got a dohc setup its easy to tell just make sure both pulleys are at the same spot, if its sohc it can sometimes be alittle harder to eyeball it. also if the car has been sitting for a while make sure ur battery is fully charged, mine tends to die after ive had it disconnected from the car for about a week and a half or longer, well enough to not start up the car anyway... good luck let me know if u need some more help or if u can think of anything else or have any more questions
Old 10-19-2003, 09:19 PM
atli126

thanks ill get to check all that tomarrow , ill let u know