Notices

Cel 6 & 14!

Old 10-18-2003, 03:13 PM
menappi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cel 6 & 14!

alrite i got cel 6 and 14. i just put in an autometer water temp guage with sender, so the stock one is unplugged, would that be why im gettin a code 6 (coolant temp). and i get a code for the EACV. its plugged in. i just swapped a DOHC ZC in and today was the first time driving it. i noticed it bogged a little in 4th gear at 30 miles an hour, would that be normal because it hasnt been driven for a while and its a 15 year old motor?? and i also noticed that when i was driving the idle was fine, but then after i let it idle in my driveway, the idle went up and down very slightly repeatedly. maybe i need to check my idle. what should i do about the code 14?
Old 10-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replace the EACV. It is a common failure, and it would cause a funky idle. Try cleaning it with some electronics-safe carb cleaner first, if that doesn't work, then swap it out.

For the temperature error, you may have replaced the wrong sensor. AFAIK, there are two senders, one for the gauge and the other for the ECU (at least that's how it is for 5G's). Does your stock temp guage still work? If it does, you replaced the wrong sender.