Notices

Omniman: 200whp from 1.6L coming soon!

Old 12-08-2003, 05:39 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why don't you just post the links if you have them?...why do we have to go to another forum to read about this?

200whp is possible in n/a or easily with forced induction in the b16a...however if you go the n/a route it is no longer daily driver nor capable of passing emissions...you'd need stand alone engine management an upgraded valvetrain, great p&p work, high comp head gasket, at least a block girdle unless you are using a dart closed deck block, short stroke for high rpms, completely balanced and blueprinted bottom end (trust me...revving to 10k rpms on stock internals is a tough matter and serious engine planning needs to be done here)
Old 12-08-2003, 01:25 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

B16 - 160hp
B16 with turbo at 10psi - ~265hp

saw that in a magazine, took a stock b16 and boosted it at 10 psi and it put that out at the crack NOT at the wheels... boost is better, N/A takes more time and money.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:55 PM
MikeSarr_GSR

Default cool.

Havent been here in a while, its nice to see that there are people still posting on this thread. To add to the comments posted here, I also think boost is cool. The Tuner that collaborated with Steve (Omni) on this in our video is Carlos "Bubba" Oscegueda who tuned the record holding NHRA Crx. 9.93 @ 134mph driven by Leslie Durst at Pomona Nationals last October. Bubba had his stock B16a belting out over 300whp on boost. Bubba worked with Dirk and Derek at Hondata to help us enjoy some nice products i.e. high boost 600+whp street cars on hondata. These products are available now for your street car. If Bubba was impressed with Steve's STOCK BLOCK 14 year old STOCK BORE and STOCK STROKE b16a in that Si, I think most other Honda Tuners would be also.

Block: gen1 B16a. stock motor was swapped out after blown up with a JDM longblock. The new owner at the time didnt know and neither did steve. we didnt have time to pull the motor out and hone it. this was done in his garage because dynamic's lifts were taken down. we did the whole build filmed and all in 6 days. the car was taken to 9K within the first 20miles and had 320mi on it when dynoed after the rebuild.

Stock Deck height
Stock gen 1 crank
Stock gen 1 mains
unhoned cylinder walls with new stock rings and pistons
no additional girdle or anything buttressing the bottom end.
Stock P72 rodbearings in re-tanged B16a rods
Stock USDM spec PR3 pistons with machined valve reliefs.
99-00 Oil Pump

Head:
ITR bare head
89B16a rockers, rocker shafts, VTEC solenoid from the 99si
260/12mm cam on VTEC side at the valve
Portflow headwork:
stock sized ports
bowl area work, throat of the valve seat opened up
stock sized, flat bottomed Inconel Valves
(honda already has a 5 angle valve job stock)
valve seat angles recut to flow air around valves with new lift #
guides on exhaust side cut back for more flow
chamber work
milled .0030-40"
stock head gasket

header: Hytech, Steve owns this header, he used it on the project car.
exhaust: kteller.com 2.5" mandrel bent piping buzzed together by hytech in
the video w/ TIG welds! very nice. they donated the labor.
hondata S100/200, P72 ECU
stock timing belt, water pump
RC 270cc injectors (needed a 310, they were back at the garage. the car initially wouldnt idle with the M22cam primary, went back to 270s with the chipped ecu/VAFC used for baseline)

First runs at bubba's dyno: Trackmasters Santa Clarita, CA during the fires.
1100' and air density was at 1800'
run .01: VAFC and chipped P28
190whp/117tq
7-8 hondata runs revealed about 5-6whp peak and 2-3lbft of TQ peak...
in the midrange we picked up about 8-12 in some places because the header
was too short which I goofed up on. I left the extender tubes in the garage.
If we had the 310s in there on the Dynamic Cams that we used (buddy club 3+ would be fine for a replacement) and retuned because hondata is hard on duty cycle we would have exceeded 200sae at TM. Steve dynoed his B20 at Dynamic Autosports and made 226 and then went to Trackmasters with the same car and made 212. They said that he is was the only legitimate street car to make over 200NA there at that point in October.

We expected to make 187 there to have a shot at 200whp somewhere else. We dont worship peak whp and make this easy on ourselves. We had it TOUGH. The PEOPLE made this build a reality. For example, I cant afford to host the content right now. The trailers have pulled 53GB in 5 days. My angel in Norway, my friend Tord works for an ISP there and his boss agreed to let him put it up for free. Because he is a member of m24x.com and agreed to do this there, I will not impose on him to post the thread here. I can however link you there.

http://m24x.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=21

This is what InterTuneTv is all about. Best of all, its for you.
He showed us how he did it on tape.

Mike@InterTune.Tv

Keep It Tuned.