Notices

gude? anyone?

Old 10-17-2003, 01:58 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gude? anyone?

ok has anyone else on this board ever ordered from gude? i did and have had nothing but problems. first off i order my head package, everything was gravy. i was told it will take about 2 weeks to arrive. ok great! yeah well after the 2 weeks rolls around i call them. "umm where is my head at?", thier reply well umm we just got a head back so we have to check it and port it ect ect. i told em ok great. you know problems occur, b16 heads are hard to come by....or so ive heard. 2 more weeks pass by and i call again. this time they dont know where the head is. "it should have been shipped" is what they told me. so i ask them for a tracking number and they said theyd call me back. never did. i called backa few times olny to be told to call back time and time again. finally the head arrives. everything is cool....they sent me a match ported manifold and didnt charge me. so i was happy about that. at this point i must swap the head send back my old head and send them my ecu for reprogramming. ok cool...so i swap the head and spin a rod bearing. now i am carless...ok time to send back the old head while my shit is in the shop. send it and the ecu back at the same time bc my car isnt drivable and is waiting on parts here. the turn around time on an ecu from when it is recieved is supposed to be 48 hours. they receive it reprogram it in 10 minutes or so and next day it back. well i didnt get my ecu for 2 weeks. and that was after i have had to repeatedly call them to make sure they are sending it. finally after talking to bill gude himself and making him literally find my ecu, which was laying in some corner of thier shop, how it got there who knows, i am told they will reprog and send out. ok cool....well i finally recieve it after all this...now for the last part. i need my deposit on my head back. they said it was going to be an 800$ dep on the b16 head. ok fine....i paid it. now it has been over 2 months since i sent back my head. i have called them repeatedly again, only to be told its in the mail...that was 2 weeks ago. i dun think unless it is literally snail mail that a letter takes a month to get to oklahoma form the west coast. all in all i have had a bad experience. the sad thing is i have talked to another guy who got a gude head package...same ordeal happend to him. what a way to run a business. and to top it all off..once i had the head on the stock bottom end..right before it spun a rod bearing, i had it dyno'd. gude told me i would see 50 to the wheels. when dyno'd i saw a loss of 3 horses. it had 130 hp to the wheels. and this is after i have all this shit put on. i dunno. maybe someday i will see my car again with a dyno and it will be producing more than a stock si. btw it was a b16 fully mod'd except for the bottom end. everything else has been done..lightweight this and that, pulleys, fuel shits, you name it...130 to the wheels....weak! sorry just had to vent. anyone else had this problem?