Notices

87CRX droppin in a b16 question

Old 10-10-2003, 02:40 PM
98LX87CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87CRX droppin in a b16 question

Hey i just recently bought a b16 to put into my CRX that is an 87 CRX...i bought all the stuff that i need and stuff but i am still wondering how hard is it actually goin to be to swap i know what im doin and stuff and if i get stuck my uncle knows hella bout cars but is it really goin to just bolt straight in with the hasport mount kit and shift linkage wiring harness etc etc
Old 10-10-2003, 04:20 PM
AwwsChwA

Default Re: 87CRX droppin in a b16 question

Originally posted by 98LX87CRX
my uncle knows hella bout cars but is it really goin to just bolt straight in with the hasport mount kit and shift linkage wiring harness etc etc
Two things...first of all, does anyone speak normal english anymore? If my kid ever told me someone knows "hella bout cars" I'd smack him and put him on the short bus.

Secondly, nothing ever just bolts right in. I just got done putting the stock engine back into my stock CRX, and ran into half a dozen snags and problems along the way. Take your time, make sure you put everything in proper order. For example, install the starter AFTER you've got the rear transmission mount torqued into place. It's impossible to get to once the starter is in. If you've got all the right parts and all the right adapters, everything will be cool.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:00 PM
jlicrx

if your CRX is not Si, you have a lot more work ahead of you