Notices

Remote Keyless Programming 1999 TL

Old 05-08-2007, 05:21 PM
niebsmich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Keyless Programming 1999 TL

Thanks in advance - How do I program a remote keyless device I got on ebay for my 1999 TL?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 08:28 AM
bob01721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a TSB on that a while back. 97-040. It describes the procedure for programming the transmitters for a factory-installed security system.

NOTES for 1999 3.2TL:

• The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter will be erased.

• Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.

• You must complete steps 1-6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on one of the transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be used for this step.)
3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
4. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 two more times. Use the same transmitter used in step 2.
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
7. Within 10 seconds, press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on each transmitter, including the one used to enter the programming mode. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you press each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter’s code.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
HTH.