Notices

Honda/Acura V6 Tranny Warranty Extended

Old 04-28-2004, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

12V Guy I admire your patience.... Good luck with the 4th tranny... try to get rid of it, if you can, why take a risk (especially when you have kiddos to take care off)
Old 04-29-2004, 10:48 AM
rezurex
Acura 3.2CL Type S

do you think the tranny cooler from comptech will really help out? i just got my cl-s back today with my 2nd tranny just installed... maybe i should get that tranny cooler
Old 04-30-2004, 12:21 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Per Comptech, even with their supercharger installed, their tranny has been fine with the tranny cooler.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 05-19-2004, 05:55 PM
acguy

My first gear indicator light in the dash is on all the time on my CL. Is that considered transmission, or is it going to be another technicality like my brake rotors warping?
I have been a Honda owner for life, but Acura really pissed me off with the statement "your rotors warped due to your irregular driving style". When I am done with this car, I will NEVER own another Acura!
Old 05-20-2004, 12:53 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Originally Posted by acguy
My first gear indicator light in the dash is on all the time on my CL. Is that considered transmission, or is it going to be another technicality like my brake rotors warping?
I have been a Honda owner for life, but Acura really pissed me off with the statement "your rotors warped due to your irregular driving style". When I am done with this car, I will NEVER own another Acura!
How is your transmission? Is it acting funny? As for the rotors, I had the rotors for almost 5 years and it never got warped.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 05-20-2004, 04:26 PM
acguy

Default rebound

By the looks of the mods on your car, you spend more time working on it than driving it. This car of mine is driven every day to a business, and it is transportation, not a toy to spend countless dollars and hours worshiping with accessories and mods. The transmission on mine is fine, and the INDICATION is at fault. The question was whether itis considered underr the extended tranny warranty. The car is still going to be sold regardless. Do you want it cheap? My Honda brand loyalty just left the building........
Old 05-20-2004, 06:19 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

If your vehicle is still under warranty, then take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. Did you get a copy of the Extended Tranny Warranty paperwork to see what is covered? Read up on it or speak to the service advisor at your dealership.

By the way, I did most of the work to my car in 1999. It is a regular car and I drive it just like you would.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:28 AM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

don't argue with him AcuraTL, he sounds he's mad at a DEALER and now he's going to take it out on anyone including Acura, this forum, etc.. Some ppl expect to much and are never happy, I bet this guy could get all the problems fixed for free if he called the right person and didn't act like a he's being on here. He only jumped into the thread to cry. I bet he had previously warped the rotors at least once and then went back a second time and they told him no. That's normal at most dealers. He probably NEVER takes the car in for service, maybe gets oil changes once in a while and then expects them to bent over and fix things NOT covered under warrenty. Then he cry's about it and tries to get others to feel like Acura's are bad cars and if you don't agree he slams you for having a modded car. This isn't a thread to vent, call the 800 number for acura, we don't care about your car.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:01 AM
dentalrav

Default you guys saved me some $

Wow!

Thanks to everyone that has contributed and is still contributing to this thread. After reading replies, going to the government reports and searching deja i will NEVER even consider buying a 99-03 Accord ex v6 nor acura 3.5tl and after looking at the poor acknowledgement of Honda regarding the problem i doubt i would ever buy a Honda or Acura (except the RL - made in Japan and all).

I guess what bothers me is that some people in this group continue to downplay the importance of these faulty transmission. Shifting from 5th to 2nd gear while doing 65 mph could be a very serious issue, then there is the cost of replacing the thing if it is out of warranty and the time you take to prove to the dealer that the tranny needs replacement etc... Hell, i could not care less if they extended the transmission warranty for the life of the engine - my time is very important to me and to be on the freeway and have this car just stop operating is not acceptable. I would by an 03 or 04 tl if i had the cash (i don't) or a 98 but it seems a little old for my needs so i am back to thinking about a Camry/lexus es (as infiniti has never addressed their body corrosion issues to my satisfaction).

It is amazing you pay almost the same for the lexus as for the acura and you get so much more - like ..... a transmission that lasts.

out!
Old 05-27-2004, 01:34 PM
acguy

Default Techie really can't read people very well

Hey Techie,
I'm an ASE master tech, and you are right about one thing and one thing only. I rarely take my car to the dealer for maintenance. The reason for that is my superior mechanical skills far exceeds any of those exhibited in any dealership. My maintenance program exceeds the OEM recommendations, my car never misses an interval, and you are completely wrong except for this one point. You sound like some earring wearing, tattooed punk that works "for Acura" in some garage in the burbs. So what, you did a couple of quick brake jobs, and was granted some school based on that? Now you at least escape the car washing!! Dude, your product line is losing market share due to decisions being made way over your head. Maybe now that we see that your heads are not paying attention to what customers are really saying, we understand the slippage.
Keep up the "good work", and do me a favor, and don't ever change yourself, or the arrogant culture at H-A.

Quick Reply: Honda/Acura V6 Tranny Warranty Extended