Notices

Bought TL, remotes don't work

Old 09-08-2005, 09:50 AM
SilvrTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought TL, remotes don't work

My bro-in-law bought an 03 TL, and both the remotes don't work. I searched all over the site, but I didn't find any info. We also tried the instructions in the Do-It-Yourself section, but they didn't work either. I'd like to know whether there is some other procedure required, or do I need to take the car to the stealer to have the remotes programmed. I know I'm a noob here, but I do have experience with other cars, so for the most part I do know what I'm doing.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:10 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

If he bought the car at a dealership and the remotes don't work, why not let the dealership take care of it?
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:27 AM
SilvrTL

Originally Posted by AcuraTL
If he bought the car at a dealership and the remotes don't work, why not let the dealership take care of it?
He didn't buy it from a dealership, but from a friend of his who got it from an auction.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:25 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*2002-03 3.2CL with factory-installed security system
*2002-03 3.2TL with factory-installed security system*

These transmitters are integrated into the Driver's Position Memory System. When the doors are unlocked with the remote transmitter, memory 1 or memory 2 in the DPMS is activated, depending on the transmitter used. When the driver's door is opened, the seat and mirrors move to the positions stored in the activated memory.

DPMS activation can be turned oft and on. Press and hold the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons at the same time. The LED blinks twice to show that the feature has been turned off. Repeating this procedure, the LED comes on for 1 second to show that the feature has been turned on.

Programming the Transmitter

NOTES: ^ This system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter will be erased.

^ Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all the transmitters once you're in the programming mode.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

2. Within 4 seconds, press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the transmitter. Make sure the transmitter is aimed at the receiver above the glove box.

3. Within 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).

4. Repeat steps 1 2, and 3 two more times. Use the same transmitter used in step 2.

5. Within 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

6. Within 4 seconds, press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button again.

7. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on each transmitter you want to program. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you push each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.

8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:02 PM
SilvrTL

Thanks man. I'll try the procedure tonight!
Old 09-10-2005, 12:11 PM
delayver

Can't seem to make the procedure work . Can you give the exact location of the 'receiver'. I have a 2003 TL.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:34 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by delayver
Can't seem to make the procedure work . Can you give the exact location of the 'receiver'. I have a 2003 TL.
I have no idea where it is, but that's the procedure, so you must be doing something wrong.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:16 PM
whitcre

i think receiver/antenna is in the rear window