Notices

'04 TL Leather

Old 06-02-2005, 03:52 PM
fyrmedc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 TL Leather

My question to this forum is has anybody who owns an Acura TL '04 been having problems with the leather seats. My story is that my wife and I have owned this car for the last 8 months. After she took the car in for it's first oil change at 2500-3000 mile, she noticed that the leather looked cracked as if it had dried out. So she told the maintenance guru who took it up the chain to the regional rep. They declined to replace the seat because they stated it was 'normal wear and tear'. My question is have other people been getting the same run around as I have with their problems that they put into Acura or is it just me?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Hawhyen51

Other than the "butt print" issue, have you cleaned and conditioned your seats? I've had my TL about a year and have not noticeced and "cracks" or being "dried out". I do, however have some creases on the bolsters (lt. drivers side) and that's to be expected. Other than that - no probs. Try using Lexol, Megs or some other leather cleaner/conditioner ......
Old 06-06-2005, 05:24 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

I've had my 99 TL for over 6 years now and I always use Lexol leather conditioner every few months. No cracks on mine.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:41 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you maintain your seats with conditioner like it specifies in the owner's manual? If not, then what do you expect? Would you expect your paint to stay nice and shiny if you never washed the car?