Notices

Radio code for 2000 3.2 TL

Old 04-21-2004, 09:51 AM
deeare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio code for 2000 3.2 TL

Does anyone know if there is an override code for the radio in a 2000 3.2 TL? The dealer told me that the radio has to be pulled out but I've also heard there is an override code that will reset the radio without having to pull it out to get the serial number?

Your help is appreciated!!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:19 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

Sorry no "overide code" that I know. Do this, open the center console cubby hole cover and pull up the pass. side trim strip, It should be like the woodgrain strip or like a fake carbon fiber grey( there are two on each side of the center console). Gently pry up on the side closest to the cover of the storage area of the center console with the cover open of course. Once you get the edge to pop up a little, gently pull the whole piece up carefully. It should come off the dash at the bottom of the climate control unit or navi unit if you have it. This move will expose the side of the radio on the pass. side. There should be a little white sticker with black letters and numbers indicating the radio's serial number. Copy them down and post them on this thread. I will PM you the code. This trick avoids the radio being pulled out but only works on the newer TL's and CL's.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:06 PM
XSrcing

first check these places for a sticker with a long number and a larger 5 digit number:
1. open glove box and look all over the places that are covered with the box shut.
2. open your hood and check the strut towers and firewall for a 5digit number written with permanent marker.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Ms. Shelly

Default Serial # for '99 TL Radio

Does the serial # consist of letters and #? Because there is a 7 digit number on a sticker in my glove box that may be the serial # for my radio. But, I think the dealer is just trying to get me to come in so that he can get my money.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:54 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ms. Shelly
Does the serial # consist of letters and #? Because there is a 7 digit number on a sticker in my glove box that may be the serial # for my radio. But, I think the dealer is just trying to get me to come in so that he can get my money.
...then why don't you try to enter it in?
Old 06-11-2005, 06:10 PM
gary_william

you may try this:

1. with the car and radio off, turn the car on (not necessary to start, just to get power to the radio
2. pres ssimultaneously 1, 6, and the powr button for the radio
3. a 4 digit code will flash, followed by another 4 digit code. write these down.
4. call the dealer with this 8 digit number, which is the serial number for the radio. The can then give you the code.

now send me $10 by paypal for giving you this fix lol.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:54 AM
wasco

I have a 2003 TL-S with nav. I had the battery replaced twice. First time mechanic did it with the car running so the radio and nav codes would not be lost. Worked fine. Then I decided to put in a different battery and his helper messed up by turning off the car and replacing the battery. The nav still works but the radio displays "error" and he says the radio has to be pulled and something done which I'm not sure of. Since he is not charging me anything to do this and I have been going to him for 6 years, I totally trust him. But I don't want him to do all of the extra work. I tried it myself and the error code just keeps updating now up to error6. I even tried leaving the radio on for 1 hour to no avail. I am the original owner and have the original card with nav and radio codes but they don't work. Is the mechanic correct and this is the only way to fix the radio? I tried your 1, 6 and power depression simultaneously and that did give me the correct S/N on my card. Any quick fixes??
Old 10-30-2006, 10:50 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

scroll up and reread my post. If you pull the trim off the right side of the center console you'll see the serial number on a small sticker. GAWD!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:59 AM
jtruong

Hi everyone. I've run into the same problem. I had my battery replaced in my 2002 Acura TL over the weekend and I don't have the radio security code. hondatech, are you still able to lookup the security code if I post the serial number of the radio? If so, then I'll lookup the serial number (I'll try the holding 1 & 6 on the radio technique).

I called the dealership that sold me the car. I haven't been to the dealership since buying the car there (back in 2001), so they don't have my code (they purge records after 24 months of inactivity). They said that they won't give me the code, even if I give them the serial number. I have to bring the car in so they can charge me $104.50 to look up the code.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Nevermind, I just re-read your message above.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:09 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by wasco
I have a 2003 TL-S with nav. I had the battery replaced twice. First time mechanic did it with the car running so the radio and nav codes would not be lost. Worked fine. Then I decided to put in a different battery and his helper messed up by turning off the car and replacing the battery. The nav still works but the radio displays "error" and he says the radio has to be pulled and something done which I'm not sure of. Since he is not charging me anything to do this and I have been going to him for 6 years, I totally trust him. But I don't want him to do all of the extra work. I tried it myself and the error code just keeps updating now up to error6. I even tried leaving the radio on for 1 hour to no avail. I am the original owner and have the original card with nav and radio codes but they don't work. Is the mechanic correct and this is the only way to fix the radio? I tried your 1, 6 and power depression simultaneously and that did give me the correct S/N on my card. Any quick fixes??
You fail for bringing back a thread from 05'.

Quick Reply: Radio code for 2000 3.2 TL