Notices

stock lug nuts ok with aftermarket 18' wheels?

Old 07-17-2002, 07:34 PM
RKV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock lug nuts ok with aftermarket 18' wheels?

ok, i put on my wheels, their 18' Racing Hart C5 3 piece wheels, with Pirelli p7000's, but i dont have the tuner lugs i used to, cuz i sold them... cuz, i didnt like the black lug nuts... so i tried on the lugs nuts i got with my stock Honda 15' wheels. I have a 6th generation 1998 accord 2dr. They fit right, but is it safe to use them with my wheels? will the lug nuts break? or is it somehow bad for the wheels or my ride? if anyone knows the answer, help a brother OUT... =) is it ok, or nO to use stock lugs on 18's?
Old 07-17-2002, 07:39 PM
RKV

btw, dont worry about the issue of safety about them being jacked, cuz if anyone REALLY REALLY wants something, they can always get it, beside, i got a center cap which doesnt match up with anyone's practically, so u would pratically need a person who has the C5 3 piece themselves to be able to jack these wheels, my friend with 18' RacingHart C2 evo's, even his center cap wrench didnt fit mines(not even close in size match), neither did several of my friends advan wheels. So, i dont think the average ricer could steel my wheels, for my wheels are pretty rare, in my area at least, and not many would have the wrench, so u cant even see or get to my lug nuts cuz their covered by the center cap, cuz i kno, using stock lugs, anyone with an accord could steel my wheels just by using their OEM lug nuts wrenches.. it'd be too easy, so im never taking off my center caps, i like em on anyways...
Old 07-17-2002, 08:58 PM
TJCCARDCO

I don't know, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:12 PM
Audi2Honda

Some lugs have a conical seat and some a ball seat. If the lugs are not made for the wheels they will not be seated properly. I would highly recommend getting the correct lugs.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:54 PM
dantastic
cx power!

wow.... on my c2's i cant use factory lugs b/c the 19mm driver wont fit where the lugs go. i also wouldnt be able to put the cap on. i have to use open ended (short) tuner lugs. racing harts have conical seat, while stock rims have ball seats. just pick up a set of short tuner lugs and locks
Old 07-18-2002, 03:44 AM
RKV

thanks guys, i better buy some tuner lugs, yea, one of my friends with a prelude, he had his 17's on his cars with his stock lug nuts, but one day, when he had a flat, he tried to take off his wheels, and he cracked of his lug nuts, i was "i've never seen that happen" from a routine taking it off, and he wasn't even pushing that hard, it was just on SOO tight... maybe the lugs after time take a MUCH harder beating than tuner lugs, cuz there not meant to be used on such big wheels as such. the lug nut was just like connected to his car LOL. thanks guys again... but welcome to more comments, personal experience, and expert advice.
Old 07-18-2002, 02:08 PM
McIntosh'd UA5
got VIP?

not only should the socket fit into the wheel lug openings, the tips of the lug nuts should also have the same design as that of the seat in the wheel lug opening.

stock honda lugs have a domed/radiused tip that fit into domed seats. most aftermarket wheels have a tapered seat so you will need tapered lug tips. just take a look...
Old 09-12-2002, 08:48 AM
accordv6silver

Originally posted by dantastic
wow.... on my c2's i cant use factory lugs b/c the 19mm driver wont fit where the lugs go. i also wouldnt be able to put the cap on. i have to use open ended (short) tuner lugs. racing harts have conical seat, while stock rims have ball seats. just pick up a set of short tuner lugs and locks
where can i pick up a set of short tuner lugs for my c2-evo's?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DEFINITELY get the tuner lugs. Also pick up a set of locks. Your stock ones might fit, but as someone said, the conical seat might not fit well. Also, with stock lugs, you can't put the center cap on right.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-12-2002, 10:17 AM
accordv6silver

Originally posted by MaxBoosT
DEFINITELY get the tuner lugs. Also pick up a set of locks. Your stock ones might fit, but as someone said, the conical seat might not fit well. Also, with stock lugs, you can't put the center cap on right.
tuner lugs are too long, the cap wont go over the lugs. thats why i need the shorter tuner lugs. where do they sell that online?

Quick Reply: stock lug nuts ok with aftermarket 18' wheels?