Notices

Accord Problems--I DIDN'T Say It, Just Reporting It...

Old 05-11-2003, 09:11 PM
ACRDNGLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys just wanted to know where that balancer seal is located I have a 98 accord v6 coupe and Ive already changed the tranny and fuel sending unit and Id like to keep my car up to par
Old 05-12-2003, 05:22 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

There's really nothing that needs to be done to a 6th gen's balancer shaft seal. (4 or 6 cyl)
Old 05-12-2003, 12:46 PM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by MrChad
I've had the feeling most Accord owners have heard the above listed issues before; infact, many were likely listed on this site several times in the past.

However, I get the feeling DJ Scotty has been un-happy with his car lately and has been starting quasi-flame type posts for unknown reasons. Perhaps I'm just reading into it too much. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything--lol.
I am NOT starting ANY flame issues here----regardless of what you may THINK TO BE 100 PERCENT TRUE, Chad...I was posting something which I thought was interesting----I DIDNT SAY IT--I merely shared it for discussion because of the so called Honda Hype; IT IS NOT ME WHO IS THE ONLY ONE UNHAPPY WITH THE "FEEL" OF THEIR AMERICAN 'CORDS, if you read the post....that was the point....
Old 05-12-2003, 12:50 PM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
Umm where did you exactly find these points because stuff pulled from the air is pretty useless. Regardless though, every car has it flaws, thats hy 76 defects per 100 cars is actaully the best is the business right now by the LS430.

You mentioned looking at cars like the Monte Carlo SS in another thread, or chryslers, and pontiacs. You have to be joking if you think things are better with those brands; they are far far far worse.
First of all, this WASNT PULLED FROM THE AIR---it was "pulled" from a Honda/Acura owners forum on one of the Edmunds Town Hall sites; I didnt write these---I pulled them----AND THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF PAGES OF THESE COMPLAINTS, HYDE----I only grabbed the first page----THERE WERE HUNDREDS, please believe me...I am not just saying that....

I didnt think things would be better, complaint wise, with the American vehicles mentioned....I merely thought they looked better, in my opinion; and from experience with a friend, he never had any problems with his Cavalier, Saturn or Grand Am in the years I have known him. Thats all I was saying.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:56 PM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by vtecinside
i do agree that Scotty is not happy with his Accord and would probably be happy driving the new Australian Goat. I personally think the new GTO has the potential to be a great car and is worthy of carrying the moniker to one of my favorite muscle cars.

Scotty, pointing out the obvious about things we've known for a long time, isn't gonna change most of our minds, nor the fact that you don't like your car.

let me add my own 5th gen list:

Fuel Sending unit blows...I can drive hundreds of miles on empty.
My power windows suck.
My door handles creak and are cracked.
My tranny shifts rough as hell when I don't change the fluid.
Paint ain't great, but I can make 'er shine.
Balancer shaft seal can blow without the clip. (repair by honda)
Battery went dead after 7+ years (not bad, I think)

But you know what? At 95K the car still is holding up well, despite claims by others that previous gens built in Japan were built better. So go ahead rag on the accord. Most of us are going to keep driving em cuz they're pretty damn good cars.

COnsider this:

M3's with S54's are prone to serious problems and thus currently subject to a recall.

Ford Focus, the best selling car in the world, might as well come from the factory with a folder to put all the recall notices in...

I believe the General's trucks have recently been subjected to a recall as well.

Crown Vics blow up on rear impact.

Lots of great cars, all over the road, have problems. That is the problem with mass production. A coupla bad apples will get through, and sometimes problems get propagated.

Sell your car man, and buy something that doesn't bother you. We aren't as stupid or as ignorant as you think. Many of us can recognize our own shortcomings and can move beyond them. Why won't you?

noel
Noel,

Im not thinking any of you are ignorant----where the hell is this coming from?? And shortcomings?? Why are you analyzing this in such a profane manner----I was simply sharing something I noticed---there were hundreds of complaints more where those came from. Im not trying to change anybody's mind up in here; drive the Accords until you are collecting social security for all I care---I really could care less. I was sharing some information I thought would be interesting to US built Accord owners and the concerns fellow owners across the country had with regard to fit and finish---and countless other---issues.

After seeing the GTO in person, as a side note, at the NY Auto Show, I wasnt that impressed to be honest the more I thought about it....as your favorite muscle car of youth, I dont think this thing is going to make you proud in its 2004 guise...but its all a matter of subjective evaluation by each of our eyes...check it out as best you could once it hits showrooms...
Old 05-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Originally posted by DJ Scotty
First of all, this WASNT PULLED FROM THE AIR---it was "pulled" from a Honda/Acura owners forum on one of the Edmunds Town Hall sites; I didnt write these---I pulled them----AND THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF PAGES OF THESE COMPLAINTS, HYDE----I only grabbed the first page----THERE WERE HUNDREDS, please believe me...I am not just saying that....

I didnt think things would be better, complaint wise, with the American vehicles mentioned....I merely thought they looked better, in my opinion; and from experience with a friend, he never had any problems with his Cavalier, Saturn or Grand Am in the years I have known him. Thats all I was saying.
Reread my post, I asked when you pulled the info from because to us its just pulled from the air wothout a source

As far as the last half of your second paragraph; :lmao: I guess you didnt check edmunds for those cars because you'd better go make some coffee, go to teh bathroom, and clear your schedue for the next few months because you are in for some serious reading.

The Lexus LS 430 is the best car in the world right now with 70 some odd defects per 100 cars. The makes you listed will be in the multiples of that.

Like I said every car has it faults, and QC issues; Whether you choose to deal with them, and move on or dwell on them is up to you.

The TL-S / The 540i
Old 05-12-2003, 02:04 PM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
Reread my post, I asked when you pulled the info from because to us its just pulled from the air wothout a source

As far as the last half of your second paragraph; :lmao: I guess you didnt check edmunds for those cars because you'd better go make some coffee, go to teh bathroom, and clear your schedue for the next few months because you are in for some serious reading.

The Lexus LS 430 is the best car in the world right now with 70 some odd defects per 100 cars. The makes you listed will be in the multiples of that.

Like I said every car has it faults, and QC issues; Whether you choose to deal with them, and move on or dwell on them is up to you.
So, I TOLD you I checked Edmunds for that vehicle----what do you mean WITHOUT A SOURCE? I was not checking the other cars I mentioned on Edmunds, correct, but as I stated, I was talking about FROM A PERSONAL STYLING perspective---nothing more. I am not "dwelling" on the Accord's QC problems, I was pointing them out.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:28 AM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

i am very happy with my 96 keep it detailed and shines like a brand new car nothing has gone wrong i jsut do the normal stuff to it to keep it running witn lots of upgrades but before i started on the upgrades i had never had a problem with it runs like a champ but lately i have noticed it kinda putts once in a while when it is sitting in park idleing and i don't know what it is could be a couple f things but i am sure it is cheep to fix or if someone has an idea on what it is let mw know pm and tell me