Notices

Accord Problems--I DIDN'T Say It, Just Reporting It...

Old 05-10-2003, 07:30 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your paint is rough sounds like you picked up contaiminents from the car wash. Go down to the auto store and get yourself a clay bar kit to clean junk from your paint.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:35 AM
PmPiNAzNBoI
WaSsuP?

Originally posted by jschmid
Good thing my sixth gen was built in Japan.
Mine too. :thumbup:
Old 05-10-2003, 01:21 PM
AcuraFanatic

I've had the same clutch problem mentioned above in one of those 'posts.' There's a problem with the pressure plate and it would make an intermittant squealing noise when engaging. A month it would be prominent, the next it would be gone.

I finally ended up fixing it by taking the clutch apart, lubing everything and inspecting it. Three months later, no problems.

The quality of mine seems fine. Mine was built in the US, and besides a few tiny build issues, nothing major.

A lot of this seems like overblown hype.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:55 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic

A lot of this seems like overblown hype.
:werd: Even if there are a couple things that can go wrong, it's still a Honda and one of the more reliable cars on the road.

I've put over 60K miles on my car. The only things that have ever gone wrong was the chrome finish on the interior door handle bubbled up on me. That's it. Pretty damn reliable car.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:01 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Moderators let's lock this thread. We don't need Accord bashing on this site. That's just silly.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:10 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally posted by MrChad
Moderators let's lock this thread. We don't need Accord bashing on this site. That's just silly.
How have we bashed the Accord? First off, that's sort of ignorant to sit there and say there may or may not be problems.

We're simply discussing the comments made in the original post. It's something we should be concerned with.

Until there's fighting or anything that goes against user agreeement, it will remain open.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:34 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

I've had the feeling most Accord owners have heard the above listed issues before; infact, many were likely listed on this site several times in the past.

However, I get the feeling DJ Scotty has been un-happy with his car lately and has been starting quasi-flame type posts for unknown reasons. Perhaps I'm just reading into it too much. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything--lol.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:49 PM
-=HIREN=-
The Wise One

I agree that the quality has gone down
I think its mainly due to the parts manufacturers they contracted

From AccordV6.com and from my own personal experience I know
that these items will fail pretty early

alternator - its made by Delphi (GM) mine went at 15k
fuel sending unit - the guage stops going to full, mine went at 20k
EGR valve getting clogged, CEL, - Recall
muffler paint starts to chip really early
paint chips and really really easily
then theres the tranny, at accordV6.com we get someone posting up a tranny failure every week it seems like, some are bone stock

thats all the things i can think of right now

oh ya my power locks also stopped working one time, i had to take it in and the guy said the solder connection on the pass side lock wasnt done well from the factory which caused there to be an open which blew the fuses which stopped all my power locks and remote from working
Old 05-10-2003, 07:11 PM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

i do agree that Scotty is not happy with his Accord and would probably be happy driving the new Australian Goat. I personally think the new GTO has the potential to be a great car and is worthy of carrying the moniker to one of my favorite muscle cars.

Scotty, pointing out the obvious about things we've known for a long time, isn't gonna change most of our minds, nor the fact that you don't like your car.

let me add my own 5th gen list:

Fuel Sending unit blows...I can drive hundreds of miles on empty.
My power windows suck.
My door handles creak and are cracked.
My tranny shifts rough as hell when I don't change the fluid.
Paint ain't great, but I can make 'er shine.
Balancer shaft seal can blow without the clip. (repair by honda)
Battery went dead after 7+ years (not bad, I think)

But you know what? At 95K the car still is holding up well, despite claims by others that previous gens built in Japan were built better. So go ahead rag on the accord. Most of us are going to keep driving em cuz they're pretty damn good cars.

COnsider this:

M3's with S54's are prone to serious problems and thus currently subject to a recall.

Ford Focus, the best selling car in the world, might as well come from the factory with a folder to put all the recall notices in...

I believe the General's trucks have recently been subjected to a recall as well.

Crown Vics blow up on rear impact.

Lots of great cars, all over the road, have problems. That is the problem with mass production. A coupla bad apples will get through, and sometimes problems get propagated.

Sell your car man, and buy something that doesn't bother you. We aren't as stupid or as ignorant as you think. Many of us can recognize our own shortcomings and can move beyond them. Why won't you?

noel
Old 05-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Umm where did you exactly find these points because stuff pulled from the air is pretty useless. Regardless though, every car has it flaws, thats hy 76 defects per 100 cars is actaully the best is the business right now by the LS430.

You mentioned looking at cars like the Monte Carlo SS in another thread, or chryslers, and pontiacs. You have to be joking if you think things are better with those brands; they are far far far worse.

The TL-S / The 540i